How did you get on?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Match at How end fishery near Bedford today. Horrendous blustery wind made it tricky. Luckily I had it on my back but everything needed battening down. Pole stayed in bag initially, just set up bomb rod and waggler rod.
First 3 hours were sparse with a few chub and carp on both methods.
Decided to try pole short and set it up. Fed chop worm and caster and the swim came alive. Too little too late, brief spells of carp and skimmers followed by flat periods. Probably caught most of my 16lb in the last 2 hours on this pole line.
Sitting at home now and my ears are whistling and my face feels windbeaten and a bit burnt. Enjoyed it nonetheless, better than staying at home....

How did you get on?

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
It's either a nice Roach Binka............ or you bought bigger foreceps:D

Had a mare of a session, had to go back and fetch my chair which I'd left in the garage, major tangle around the reel, wind folded brolly in half so now needs replacing, then it blew stinkbag into pool which I could only just retrieve with the landing net handle and I managed to empty my maggots into my ruckbag :(:mad:

And all for a dozen or so skimmers, roach, perch and a couple of rudd that may have made 6oz.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Binka....Your roach, as with your posts......pure quality..

itsfishingnotcatching....Yes, a bad day, but at least you tried .....and you can't odds that!!