Swan's Eggs Taken at Ackers Pitt

Reaction score
Some **** has taken all the swan's eggs from the nest at Ackers Pitt in Stockton Heath. It was on the news this morning.

(It's a Warrington Anglers Water)

What bastrads would do such a thing?????

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are some headcases out there, and not just the usual Yob / EE suspects. A few years ago some very well-heeled and well-educated types were sounding off in posh public about the number of swans on the southern chalkstreams (yes, really, they were), saying that said swans were eating all the vital-to-the-wellbeing of flylife (and their expensive trout) ranunculus.

Watch out for my new book, "Paul Boote's Pocket Guide to Predators". Volume 1: Self-Interested Blinkered Idiots.

terry m

Reaction score
That will make it easy for the authorities to track down the perpetrator.

They simply need to look for someone with a broken arm!;)

sagalout

Reaction score
What evidence is there that a person has taken them? Could there be another explanation?

Reaction score
er...they are not there anymore.

Are you suggesting that the male swan has found a big bag and run off with the kids?

Alien abduction?

The eggs and swan dissolved without a trace?

And various signs around the place have been ripped down and taken....

What's you explanation sagalout?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It appears that the metal warning signs have also disappeared as well as the male swan and the eggs.

Although circumstantial the evidence would point to human intervention.

If so then you have to wonder what sort of person would even contemplate this let alone carry it out?

this thread prompted me to look further, and it appears it is now almost commonplace!

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/18/someone-is-kidnapping-and-eating-britains-swans/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...over-fears-birds-are-being-stolen-to-eat.html

I hope when apprehended that there are some long terms of imprisonment handed down!

Bar-stewards!

Last edited:

sumtime

Reaction score
£5.000 fine or six months in jail, same for stealing the egg, nowhere near long enough. I (and maybe most of you) have my own ideas who these cretins could be but I reckon the penalty would be far less than I stated. :mad:

greenie62

Reaction score
At a local lodge, it was found to be local foxes who were prone to sneak through the reeds and attack the egg-sitter whether cob or pen!

thecrow

Reaction score
What evidence is there that a person has taken them? Could there be another explanation?

Could be that otters have taken both.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

make you think how they got the male swan with out any signs of a struggler - feather everywhere?

Wouldn't be a struggle, swans are all bluff.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I have a few times come across loads of swan feathers lying about in a field. No trace of the swan at all. I assume its a fox has got them at night. Handy for loads of quills mind you. Depending on where the nest is built I imagine foxes would go for the eggs of a swan. big tasty meal for them. Do foxes swim ?

greenie62

Reaction score
no one has ruled scousers out as far as I'm aware

Alright la'
I'll give you a line bite on that one! - Not swallowing it though!!:p:thumbs: