Boilie Ban?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Shock! Horror! I'm founding the English Boilie Defence League - that'll stuff those Eurocrats!

cg74

Reaction score
Long overdue, the baits we use should be subjected to scrutiny and inclusions listed for the whole bait industry to adhere to.

Not a bad start in my book providing they go on to ban the ubiquitous pellet next . . . . . . . . .

I think you've read too much into the thread's title. My understanding is the ruling is mainly about stopping the usage of fluorescent dyes used to colour boilies.

As for banning pellets; they'll never be banned, after all they are in the main produced to feed farmed fish.

greenie62

Reaction score
It's not the boilies - it's the ingredients which the European Food and Drugs administrators are objecting to - what next - exotic groundbaits?

thecrow

Reaction score
Long overdue, the baits we use should be subjected to scrutiny and inclusions listed for the whole bait industry to adhere to.

I think you've read too much into the thread's title. My understanding is the ruling is mainly about stopping the usage of fluorescent dyes used to colour boilies.

As for banning pellets; they'll never be banned, after all they are in the main produced to feed farmed fish.

Must admit I hadn't read the article when I started the thread, saw the headline elsewhere, apologies if it mislead.

greenie62

Reaction score
As for banning pellets; they'll never be banned

A lot of fisheries already do!

Not for altruistic or Fish Safety reasons - but so you have to buy them from the fishery! ;) Follow the money!

nogoodboyo

Reaction score
"For the full story, grab this weeks Anglers Mail"
Just a wild stab in the dark but I doubt that the EU will be banning boilies anytime soon.
I've never grabbed an angling magazine in my life ever.

laguna

Reaction score
Its all about disclosure and labelling compliance (MSDS and customs declarations), the laws have been in place for quite some time which we (the British Government) and all the rest of Europe have signed up to.

Good thing too.

Steve2020

Reaction score
A lot of fisheries already do!

Not for altruistic or Fish Safety reasons - but so you have to buy them from the fishery! ;) Follow the money!

Yes I've noticed a few fisheries that do this I simply move on to a different venue I won't be held to ransom.

Sent from mobile using tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

if the ysell of boiles cheap - stock up and just use them - who's on the bank will be policing the ban

I'll continue to make my own it's easy and what can be better than catching on homemade baits that have the personal touch :)

Sent from mobile using tapatalk