Greetings back home from Germany

rich4930

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm Rich, come from the North-West and live in Germany now (Berlin). Went fishing 20-30 years ago and now just getting back into it again. Bit weird though cos now I live in a city, without a car - the exact opposite of what I previously experienced. It's also an extremely bizarre fishing culture here. With the exception of the carp boys who seem very influenced by us (the UK) everyone seems to be into eel or Zander/lure fishing (which isn't to say I'm not looking forward to a bit of Zed fishing myself - I know it's changed a bit now but unheard of for me in Cheshire, 20 odd years ago).

Anyway, despite lack of transport there's no shortage of places to fish in Berlin, even in my immediate vicinity, so looks like I'll be out on my bike and travelling light a lot. Too much of a wimp to go night fishing here alone anyway (too many ****heads about at night) so it's not like I'll need to be taking too many accessories anyway.

Out prebaiting this week, looking forward to my first tench session in about 22 years, on Sunday. :cool:

Cheers

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
I was stationed in Berlin Spandau 35 years ago when (before I got married) a stein and the cost of a good women cost the equivalent of 50p over in the East sector near checkpoint Charlie :wh

Fished the Harvel and Grunevald, also played bass with the surprise guest Blonde in the now demolished Deutschlandhalle.
Willkommen to the forum rich.

hunters moon

Reaction score
:):) welcome rich enjoy fm hope your date with tinca is a success.

....I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.
....Roderick haig-brown.

mick b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Please send us updates of your (fishing) successes and experiences.

German Tench.....mmmm, interesting?

rich4930

Reaction score
Thanks all of you for the welcome. For the record, it only took me 3 and a half months to finally nail a single tench :D But that's mostly down to the fact that the lake I've got on my doorstep has proved to be one of the most difficult places I've ever fished, not least because fishing is boat only and packed with swimmers in the summer, but that's a story in itself. At 5lb 5oz it wasn't a monster, but after all the hard work I'd put in very welcome. Anyway, will be turning my attention to pike now that autumn is in a taxi, on it's way from the airport. More of that somewhere else in the forum...

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

That's not to say I didn't catch anything else in the meantime of course :D