Mosquito repellent

bigcarp99

Reaction score
With the impending heatwave and the summer almost upon us, does anyone have ant recommendations for Mozzy repellant...

Regards

Paul

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jungle Formula!

been using this stuff for years in my outdoor pursuits and nothing comes close IMO :)
Its not to expensive and best of all you can get it in the bigger Tesco's :)

mick b

Reaction score
The Skin So Soft cream by Avon is a real mystery.

Some years back a group of young things went off to some remote tropical location to have their photographs taken for some high end advertising campaign.
When they came to be photographed only one of the models didnt have any mozzies bites on her body, so she was used in all the photographs.
When the agencies of the other models asked the girl what protection she had used, she told them that only the SSS Avon cream.......and thus the perfect mozzie repellant was discovered.
Even to this day I do t think Avon know exactly why it works so effectively but it does......and it makes your skin as soft as a babies rear end :eek:mg: (or so they say :wh)

nicepix

Reaction score
It doesn't work for everybody though Mick. Little Wife and I have never been bitten by mozzies while using SSS in France, Cyprus and the UK until last year when we got absolutely hammered by them in Marais Poitevin. Other friends have said the same sort of thing. It works well most of the time, but occasionally nothing seems to stop them.

john step

Reaction score
You can kill two birds with one stone by using the BOOTS factor 50 sun cream
that contains insect repellent. I have never been bitten whilst using it and there is the added bonus of helping the protecting against skin cancer which is a risk when you are outside a lot.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Skin So Soft cream by Avon is a real mystery.

Some years back a group of young things went off to some remote tropical location to have their photographs taken for some high end advertising campaign.
When they came to be photographed only one of the models didnt have any mozzies bites on her body, so she was used in all the photographs.
When the agencies of the other models asked the girl what protection she had used, she told them that only the SSS Avon cream.......and thus the perfect mozzie repellant was discovered.
Even to this day I do t think Avon know exactly why it works so effectively but it does......and it makes your skin as soft as a babies rear end :eek:mg: (or so they say :wh)

I have heard this stuff works many times Mick...But I have also heard that its no good where us mere mortals go to on our Holidays :wh:

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Yep...Jungle Formula for me too. It works.

Its the DEET in it Skip! ;)

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

You can kill two birds with one stone by using the BOOTS factor 50 sun cream
that contains insect repellent. I have never been bitten whilst using it and there is the added bonus of helping the protecting against skin cancer which is a risk when you are outside a lot.

Did you also know John that Tesco's £5.00 own brand sun cream offers 3 times the protection than the stuff costing £25.00?

Now there's a proper heads up for yer! ;)

john step

Reaction score
Mark, unfortunately the Tesco stuff I tried once stank of cocoa nut oil. YUK :eek: