WARNING

C

Cakey

I know you probably do but please check your hooks !

this is a Trakker TH-1size 6 that Ive been testing
HOOK.jpg

Im glad I check all mine under an eye glass

Ginger

Reaction score
Cakey, funny you should mention hooks, i`ve just come back from a couple of weeks on the Ribble, whilst fishing there ( always loose tackle due to snags and boulders ) had my hooks open up a couple of times on decent Barbel.

Thought nothing of it at first until my fishing partner mentioned the same thing.

We were both using Kamasan Animal hooks, his bought locally , mine bought in Essex.

We`ve both been using these hooks for the last few seasons and have never had problems with them before, made us wonder, have they changed the hooks to a lower spec.

I`ve now changed all my rigs to different hooks as i`ve lost confidence in the Animals.

Has anyone else had problems with these ?

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Regarding the animals, ive not had a problem with them myself but having said that im not catching Barble in snaggy swims.

Cakey, that hook, was it un-used and in that condition or did it happen after use?

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

Nice one Steve, /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Cakey, How the hell can they let hooks go out like that?

Trakker, SHAME ON YOU !!!

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
I would never think of checking my hooks under an eyeglass /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

Ive used Drennan Boilie hooks for years and years and never had a dud !

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
I just stick em in me finger, if it draws blood, its sharp /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
Perfectionist /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif, I use the same hook til I lose it /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

GreyFox

Reaction score
Interesting, I too have had Kamasan hooks straighten out on me twice this season. Never had problems before - never will again as I have reverted to ESP hooks!

W

Wolfman Woody

Cakey's flashing off his macro lens and his D300, that's all.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Let's face it, hooks are made in mass production and you will always find a few dodgy ones.

The can't inspect every single hook they make, so it's down to the angler to check the hooks before using it.(try to send the packet back to see if you get a refund) I must admit, I never do, so good on you Cakester for inspecting yours before use, will have to make it a habbit of mine now to take a closer look at mine before tying a rig with it./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

and I thought I was your rig tier /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif