longleat bottom lake

ashes68

Reaction score
Hi. Having only just moved to somerset and not knowing the local waters, I have agreed to go to bottom lake with other half's dad. I didn't realize it's the small fish lake. I don't have much tackle for this stylefishing , best I can do is feeder rod on the method. Any one know what sort of size the fish go to in there? I will have to buy a small net, as mine is mahoosive! Look pretty stupid trying to find 3 oz Roach in 42 inch net. Fished Mel's pit on Sunday, nine carp all off the top, biggest was only around nine pound, but it was good fun!

danielecerullo

Reaction score
Hi mate,

Longleat bottom lake is not bad if you want a fish a chuck type fishing mostly smaller stuff roach, Rudd bream and perch to your usual commercial sizes, few carp to I believe around 10/11lbs and a few crucians to a couple of pounds.

Shearwater near Warminster would probably suit your style of fishing by the sounds of it mate, but locally in Somerset you've got plantations, acorn and bullock farm in Kingston seymore by clevedon and ham green at portishead, my personal favourite is bullock farm and try to fish it at least once a week.

I'm based in bristol so anything else you might want to know about local fisheries let me know and I'll do my best to let you know.

mattyo

Reaction score
The minors near vobster will be open again next month its a nice small lake

ashes68

Reaction score
Well thanks for the replies. Off to the tackle shop for a smaller net and hooks.