walthamstow reservoirs

A

Anthony Sloley

I have just started fishing the no.1 reservoir I have had a few fish out on scopex pre made but nothing prolific, I wondered if there is anyone out there who is prepared to share some bait and swim information it would be greatly appreciated

T

Tony Derrick

I've never fished walthamstow but I would like to Know how it fishes.
Because I may go there one day soon.

we have been discussion about different baits on coarse fishing forum

J

james hunt

I used to fish there quite a lot and the going bait was mainline essensiall opel.
And the method was to bang up close to the island.(and i mean close).
the other method was to fish open water on the streambank with spodded trout pellet. with bollies or salmon pellets over the top.
I hope i have been of some help

A

Anthony Sloley

cheers for your help james the only problem is they have now band spodding on the no.1 because the island looking like a startrek christmas tree but in the last couple of weeks I have had a few more fish out in the open water on the method. And in answer to tony's question it not fishing well at the moment as soon as the suns out the fish arn't having none of it early morning seems to be the best option and if you have'nt had a fish by 11am knock it on the head and come back at 6pm the good thing about the place is 9x out of ten when you do hook a fish it rarely below 16lb and you have got a chance of a 30 two have come out already this season and alot in the upper 20s

D

Darren Wilson

Nash Tangee Squids have been doing a lot of damage in the last couple of seasons on all the reservoirs. Method feeder is worth a go on the Number One reservoir (and don't be surprised if you catch a Double Figure Bream). Mainline Essential Opals are also worth a shot, as is Activ-8.