Question and Answer feature

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The 'A Question Of Carp' feature with Stuart and Rik is proving to be very popular. So what I'd like to know is if a regular general Q & A feature would be worth running.

I'm thinking in terms of readers emailing questions to me, which I'll either answer myself or ask someone else with the relevant knowledge to answer, and then every week or so both the questions and answers will be used in a feature so that everyone gets the benefit.

To make it more interesting I'll give a bulk spool of line from Shimano to the best question of the week/two weeks/month (depending on response) and a small spool to the runner-up.

So let's hear your opinions please and we'll get it off the ground if it looks worth running.

Incidentally, the questions sent to Stuart and Rik for the carp features they're running would automatically be considered for prizes along with the rest.

D

Dave Johnson

should be a useful tool to almost everyone on the site Graham. I think it's a great idea.

G

Gary Knowles

Probably a very good idea mate.

anyone who thinks they know all they need to know about fishing is living in a dreamworld. Just recently I've had great advice from the guys using the predator forum when I asked about light lure fishing. It ensured I bought all the correct tackle first time out instead of learning from my mistakes.

In the past I've learned about stretches of river, carp rigs, bait ingredients and preperation, etc, etc all from this site.

go for it, I say...

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

I think it's a brilliant idea as theres always something to learnin this game and it'll become a good reference point for looking up at a later stage.

M

Matthew White

I dont fish for carp but I read the 'Question Of Carp' article and was very impressed, every point was explained in detail and was made easy to understand.

I think a regular feature like this covering a range of subjects would be a great idea.

Graham, I like the idea of the question and answer thing.
How about you choose the subject then post it on the site a week in advance and people send you their questions related to that subject.

R

Richard Drayson

Sounds like an idea worth trying.
Lets give it a go and see what the response is.

K

Kevan Farmer

Very good idea Graham. It may seem strange to some on here as I have been an angler for nearly 30 years now, but, I recently had a dilemna. I had never before used a fixed lead set up - bolt rig. They've been around probably as long as I've been fishing, but I wasn't sure about setting one up. Thanks to a new found friend on here - hi Neil C - the rig was explained. This is just the sort of thing that people would ask if given the opportunity.

Kevan

R

Rodney Wrestt

When are you gonna start charging for all this Graham? ;o}~ Looks like another winner, everyone learns something on this site and this would be another opportunity for a specific group of features a bit like an advanced F.A.Q. of techniques, tackle, rigs and bait.

J

john conway

Good idea Graham, I’ve already asked a few questions and don’t mind if others know what I’ve asked. I’ll certainly be asking other questions.

G

Gerry Castles

As a passionate lure fisherman just starting to appreciate wobbled and static deadbaits, I'd echo Gary's view. you're never too 'experienced' that you can't learn a new trick or three.

J

John McLaren

Sounds good to me as well Graham, it would be a facility that gives relevant answers to current problems, which is not always the case with the monthly mags that attempt similar things.

C

Carp Angler

I think it's a stupid idea and all the people who write articles should be left in peace to go fishing more often than sitting at a bloody keyboard.

P

Peter Morton

Great idea Graham,
Like Matt's suggestion of posting a topic a week in advance,would bring some sort of order to the whole thing.

R

Richard Barrell

Great idea. I would welcome such a page as I have already from the rigs library