Fishing Banbury

george.day

Reaction score
Hi am new to this forum does anybody know where their is good coarse fishing near Banbury for big or smaller fish
Thanks

caelan

Reaction score
hi
I used to fish out that way in millcombe a little village the pub was
called the horse an groom the landlord had his own private lakes
all kinds of fish an some decent size carp sorry landlords name rodger
but this was a few years ago but the pub did b/b as well which helped
as I stayed a few times to fish there and fish blenhim palace in Woodstock
hope this helps

dc2111

Reaction score
THe canal all the way through Banbury is good and hardly anyone fishes it anymore, also Grismby res can fish very well, pole or waggler for roach/big perch, feeder for bream, always chance of Carp and tench aswell!

robertroach

Reaction score
I used to live in Banbury. I think there was a local fishing club and it had fishing on the river Cherwell, a small but really nice river, running along close to the canal. I think its always a good idea to check out the local angling club.
I used to work at the boatyard on the canal at Aynho and caught carp from the boat moorings basin. I don't think anyone else ever fished for them.
good luck

dc2111

Reaction score
Hi

the banbury cross angling club is probably the one to join, the small river was probaly the one by nell bridge, it was a fantastic river even caught the odd tench out of it, unfortunatley a long while back there was a spill further up and it wiped it out, its slowly getting back but no where near what it was :mad: