Professional carp angler

Shine

Reaction score
Watching some carp video's on youtube and I sarted to wonder... How do become a professional angler?

I have the time to be fishing every day if I wanted. (might pee the mrs off abit though).

At the moment I would say I'm a self employedcarp angler /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

fish the right waters

catch lots of big fish

write lots of articles (or get someone who can to ghost write them!)

get in the paperpress

get sponsored

catch more big fish

fish more of the right waters

get more sponsorship..

get the idea? even then, there's probably only a handfull (tops) of professional anglers who earn a living purely from going carp fishing. there are some (like Ian) who teach/guide/etc, but that means you aren't actually doing you're own fishing. depends what you want.......

F

Frothey

yep - but you only get to know them by doing the above - lets face it, you wouldn;t pay a mate 30k per year for catching pasties from a local commercial and not even publicising it are you!

seriously - i reckon theres less than 5 carp anglers in the uk/possibly europe who can survive on their sponsorship alone, and still have a decent standard of living.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Maybe Ginsters would sponsor Deanos to catch pasties from a local lake????

Shine

Reaction score
Cheers Frothey. I was wondering how it all worked. Looks like I'll be self employed for the rest of my life.........unless/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

KAR

Reaction score
I wouldn't know alot about it but I imagine it is VERY hard to earn a living from just Carp fishing. Even Matt Hayes, Mick Brown, Martin Bowler and all them run there own business or whatever so I imagine that is bringing in most of their money. Obviously they get money from filming and there articles etc. But I can't imagine it being an absolute tonne but even if you do, you wouldn't get much fishing done 'cos you gotta film each thing about 10+ times.

Specihunter

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Frothey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

fish the right waters

catch lots of big fish

write lots of articles (or get someone who can to ghost write them!)

get in the paperpress

get sponsored

catch more big fish

fish more of the right waters

get more sponsorship..

get the idea? even then, there's probably only a handfull (tops) of professional anglers who earn a living purely from going carp fishing. there are some (like Ian) who teach/guide/etc, but that means you aren't actually doing you're own fishing. depends what you want.......</blockquote>you forgot between 2-3 get photos in the press .