derby fishing day tickets?

blagoobs

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone know any waters I can get down to after work for a few hours at a reasonaboe price?

I need somewhere not far from central derby as in not more than 20 mins max.

I also would like somewhere I can get a ticket at the venue...

Markeaton park etc looks great but all the ticket outlets shut long before I finish work..

Many others in the area seem to be season tickets only.

derwentbob

Reaction score
There is the Derwent at Darley Park but I suspect that you are going to have the same difficulty in obtaining a day ticket. If you can stretch to 30 minutes by car then there is Shipley Park (between Heanor and Ilkeston), Aldecar Lane Fisheries (near Heanor) and Kilburn Lake (near Kilburn oddly enough).

B

binka

I would research a few clubs to see what waters they have to offer and consider joining so you don't have to faff with day tickets.

In addition to derwentbob's suggestions I would consider Furnace Lane Dam at Codnor, rarely get asked for a day ticket but available on the bank if anyone can be bothered to come around and ask and there are a head of cracking Crucians who's stamp size has to be near to 2lb.

Very shallow though but don't let it put you off... dog roach, quality tench and some big carp too.

Chopped worm with worm and/or sweetcorn and waggler, good luck :thumbs:

blagoobs

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys.

Would you be able to provide a postcode for furnace lane I cant find it?

Also what is the day ticket price if I get asked.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

derwentbob

Reaction score
Furnace lane dam is better known as Loscoe Dam, run by NCB no.5 Area Fishing Club who also have most of the Shipley Park waters on their ticket. I think day tickets are £3.

blagoobs

Reaction score
Guys I ended up at mapperly reservoir got a cracking fish. Thanks for all your help

blagoobs

Reaction score
Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

Hey bob, any idea about possibility and cost of fishing locko park???

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

conditor

Reaction score
Why not get the Earl of Harrington ticket from fishomania (on Harvey rd)£27.50 you can fish marketon park, alveston, and allestry parks ,the 2 lakes on Haslems lane, plus the river derwent their and at borrowash , :)

blagoobs

Reaction score
If I had thought about it at the start of the year I woukd have! Its 40 quid now apparently. And unfortunately in only in derby for another month:(

derwentbob

Reaction score
Hey bob, any idea about possibility and cost of fishing locko park???

It used to be a reasonable venue but I haven't heard of anyone fishing there recently. The place goes through periods of making money from the great unwashed followed by a "get orf my laaand" mentality. You could try the estate office at office@lockopark.co.uk

I am lucky enough to live within walking distance of Shipley Park so I have never really bothered with Locko. Sorry, can't be much more help that that.