Bait Target Stick Thing

jackperks

Reaction score
Hello,

For the life of me i can't remember what the large pole/sticks you can buy that you put out into the lake chuck aload of bait around it and then cast towards it, normally has a pointed end that goes into the lake bed and the other end has a bright grip so you see clearly where to cast to.

Jack

sam vimes

Reaction score
It sounds like you are confusing a couple of things rather than just forgetting one. The things used to cast decent quantities of bait are Spods/Spombs. However, neither go into the lake bed or give you anything to cast towards. That sounds more like a marker float. Neither are poles or sticks either, that sounds more like baiting spoons or throwing sticks.

robtherake

Reaction score
How deep's your lake, Jack? Should be easy enough to knock something up - a long, extending bankstick with fluoro paint on the end, maybe?
I'm assuming that you'll be rowing out to position the marker, so as long as the water's not too deep there are a multitude of things that would do the job without needing to part with any cash.

jackperks

Reaction score
How deep's your lake, Jack? Should be easy enough to knock something up - a long, extending bankstick with fluoro paint on the end, maybe?
I'm assuming that you'll be rowing out to position the marker, so as long as the water's not too deep there are a multitude of things that would do the job without needing to part with any cash.

i've just been to france and they used a rowing marker so that must be it, i'm actually looking at getting one for filming (attaching a camera to one) rather then using it as a marker as it was a strong, compact pole and thought it would be ideal.

thanks for the help guys

BOF39

Reaction score
Depending on the weight of the Camera you could try ordinary PVC conduit tube, (we used it in France this Spring).

BOF ;)