Clapham Common Angling – The Future Looks Bright

Windy

Reaction score
Well done and good luck to them, got a soft spot for the ponds there, 'tis where I caught my first ever Carps !

Though a little caution needed to be exercised when night fishing...

The bad one

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Windy, great job. 20 years ago the then Sec of Caps (Duncan something) use to attend SACG/SAA meetings and raise the matters of the pools on the Common. Their main concerns then was that there was a distinct possibility that angling could be lost on the Common due to the councils anti-angling stance at the time. It's good to see not only did they fight off that threat but have gone on to show what anglers can do to improve the environment for all its life.
Great Job guys and I wish you even more success in future years!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Windy, great job. 20 years ago the then Sec of Caps (Duncan something) use to attend SACG/SAA meetings and raise the matters of the pools on the Common. Their main concerns then was that there was a distinct possibility that angling could be lost on the Common due to the councils anti-angling stance at the time. It's good to see not only did they fight off that threat but have gone on to show what anglers can do to improve the environment for all its life.
Great Job guys and I wish you even more success in future years!

Yes, I well remember those fights going on with the Council at the time.

The ponds on Clapham Common were some of my childhood haunts and a day fishing there was always fun.

Windy is right about the night fishing bit though, it is not the safest place on the planet . . . . . . . .

Still, a big Well Done to those involved.