Chris Yates Book Signing

F

Frothey

Really miffed I can't get there.... biggest thing thats happened in Devon in years!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Why doesn't he come up to Yorkshire?

He has lots of fans in the north however I get the impression he has never been more north than the Watford Gap.

I know he likes catching barbel. Why not come up and see what a real barbel river looks like?

W

Wolfman Woody

"biggest thing thats happened in Devon in years!"

Surely not.

Wasn't there a case in 2005 where a load of boars got loose and ran through a town in Devon causing tens of pounds of damage and upsetting a local vicar?

Anyway, "The book cover price is £14.99 but a charge of £2 extra is being made for a signed copy" You'd think they'd be cheaper for a defaced copy.

Is it Little Torrington or Great Torrington? Near ............... somewhere in Devon?

I can't see him being rushed off his feet so if I was Chris, I take along a book to read. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
He is a real gent.

I took my eldest to the Literary part of the Ludlow Festival about 8 years ago to hear a talk from Chris. Clutching his copy of the Passion book he approached CY - who spent a good time chatting to him (although besieged by adults) and signed his book. Sadly 8 years later the 23 year old has never been so gobsmacked since - but he still treasures the book.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a good 2 hour drive for me to get down there, but I might give it a try this weekend.

Ron asked:

"Why doesn't he come up to Yorkshire?"

Erm, because he only speaks English???????

insert daft smiling thing - - - - > HERE

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Why doesn't he come up to Yorkshire</blockquote>

What on that old bike of his?. Take to long Ron,

J

John McLaren

He used to get up to Ellesmere, Shropshirefairly regularly due to his involvement with Waterlog magazine.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Cor Blimey, no wonder he kept getting nose bleeds.

Seriously, Chris Yates is a genuine character that our sport needs, along with Ray Webb (RHS) and a few more I can name.

Reaction score
Although I have never sea fished in the UK, I really enjoyed 'Out of the Blue'. It's an absolutely cracking read, I'd thoroughly recomend it to everyone.

blankety blank

Reaction score
Its going straight onto my xmas list.

if I get another wall mounted singing fish this year, I'm going to scream.

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

"biggest thing thats happened in Devon in years!"

Surely not.

Wasn't there a case in 2005 where a load of boars got loose and ran through a town in Devon causing tens of pounds of damage and upsetting a local vicar?</blockquote>

no, that was just a rumour!

jasper or big man

Reaction score
hullo ****y i do a bit of sea fishing where can i get out ofthe blue from and who wrote it cheers mate

C

Cakey

ha ha ha Jasper ....so you didnt read the press release at the top of this page

mark beasly

Reaction score
He's a fine chap. Never met him, but I did meet Bob james a few years back, who I must say was a very nice chap indeed.

Noel80

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>mark beasly wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>He's a fine chap. Never met him, but I did meet Bob james a few years back, who I must say was a very nice chap indeed.</blockquote>

I was fortunate enough to meet Chris yesterday and I can confirm that he is a fine chap. Really friendly and chatty.

It would be great if he did more of these around the country.

Read a few chapters last night and it's classic Yates. He writes so well.

jasper or big man

Reaction score
hullo al have ordered acopy of internet via that address ****y posted thanks again mate just got to wait for postman

Sandy

Reaction score
Hi - just to let you know - the booksigning was a great success; lots of smiling faces, book dedications, photos with Chris, cups of tea and cake!

Out of the Blue has just gone into the 2nd print-run - looks like this latest gem is a runaway success.

Over £700 has been raised for Wateraid thanks to Chris.

Sandy Armishaw

www.riverreads.co.uk