Vintage Tackle Fair

R

Richard Drayson

Just a reminder that there will be a Tackle Fair in Romsey, Hants this forthcoming Saturday.
Only a couple of quid to get in, free parking, refreshments. Venue: Romsey Community School, Romsey, Hants. Time: 09.00-15.00

I won't be there myself but used to enjoy going there when I lived locally.

R

Richard Drayson

<u>Guys, sorry but the day I said is wrong. It's on SUNDAY 21st.</u>

Peter, the postcode for the school is SO51 8ZB

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, did anyone else go along on Sunday?

I got there about 9:40 thanks to a 'local' who probably wouldn't find his way to his own bl00dy house, and yet still gave me 'directions' to the school.
Dipstick!

There were quite a few stalls; so many that there was a spill-over area in the adjacent hall.

Some very interesting, although somewhat over-priced items, but it was good to see so many split cane rods and landing net handles in the same place. A bit like a Roach Club fish-in really.

Paul Cook had a stall selling those lovely hand made floats and his split cane rods and his landing nets are really gorgeous.
Managed to get couple of cork bodied Avons and some long bodied Balsa Avons too, so I'm looking forward to a chance to use those.

R

Richard Drayson

Glad to hear that you went along Peter and also nice to know that it was busy with lots of stallholders.

I used to enjoy going myself... it's the sort of place where you never know who you're going to bump into. I was fortunate enough to have a quick chat with the late John Brough on one occasion. He was a very good roach angler from Breamore.

I have to agree with you on the prices though but it has always been the same there for some reason!

Did you manage to make it Mark?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I was there from 8:30 till about 10:50; spent too much on books and magazines. Not sure about roach club using cane though - the one I'm in uses carbon!