Did I Miss Something?

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Just picked up the local rag and there's a full page advert for Fishing Republic's 'End Of Season Sale'.

I realise some establishments are taking booking for Christmas dinner but isn't this slightly premature? End of season? Is it March already?

When exactly is the end of season these days...?

And why?

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Bob they took the view that the weather has been so crap this year that they decided to advance to Mid march, get out of Jail Free and collect £200.

Reaction score
Bob,

I got details of this from FR (on their email list). It seems like they are shifting all the old/unpopular stock from all the other stores to the Doncaster branch.

Now this would be a possible opportunity for a good old Southern boy (although kidnapped and imprisoned in Stockport) to have a really massive swipe at Donnie.........

but I can't....

I've a great uncle who was the Physio for Doncaster Rovers, and the maternal grandmother's family were from the Skellow area -

so...

it's so the residents of Rotherham can afford some nearly new tackle!!!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

What's this about the residents of Rotherham?

Me ears are burning!

/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
full Queensbury rules this thread Bob, no kicking below the belt and all that mate!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
I'm also wondering if they're having a clear-out of river items only. Surely if they're selling stillwater items like poles and bagging wagglers then there is no end of season and the term 'end of season' contravenes the Trades Description Act.

Or is angling going down the route of haute coiture with spring, summer, autumn and winter seasons? Anglers following fashion? That'll never do. Best we stick to scruffy clothes, smelly vans and proper hats..., eh Ron? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Or perhaps it's because we're no longer allowed to celebrate the season of Christmas and good cheer in this politically correct New Labour democracy that they're just celebrating the end of ALL seasons.

Then again, they might just have run out of salt and pepper.

J

John McLaren

Surely it's the end of the season for all those stout hearted lager-swilling, noisy yobbos who populate our waters when the temperature doesn't keep them indoors - hang about, the sun's come out stop the sale!!!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Perhap they meant the cricket season eh! You know, fishing down the crease and all that. Not sure Ron would approve of all that white clothing though, far too clean looking don't you know AND they wear baseball hats, damned ruffians.

Andy R

Reaction score
Dont waste your time lads, its a dear shop.Everything is marked up at full rrp normaly,so all they do is reduce it to same price as any other shop when they have a sale. If there is out goin cheap its normaly things they cant sell. ie crap.