Taking your own carp pics

Shine

Reaction score
I've been taking my carp pics with my mobile K800i or my Kodak EasyShare cx7310 with the self timer. This is only when I've been on my own and no one else is about to ask.

The fish I'm catching are slowly getting bigger and I'm finding it harder to take my own like this.

What kind, and how much would I be looking at for an entry level camera and self clicky thingy?.. lol (so technical). You know, the remote is in your hand kind.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
A compact or an SLR camera?

I find the self timer is ok in most situations, a good little compact camera is easier to carry about than an SLR and will have a tripod thread too so you can leave it set up pointing at your 'landing/unhooking area'.

Shine

Reaction score
Cheers Paul.

You lost me after the compact or bit /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Tripod may be a good idea.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
An SLR is one of these:
canon_eos_400d.jpg

You can change the lens on them and have much more control over all sorts of settings.

I use a compact when I'm going fishing and I'm sure some have remote controls. I use the self timer and mini table-top tripod I bought from a camera shop on mine. Some people take two small bank-sticks with them and peg them either side of their landing mat, they can then set the camera up with the sticks either side of the viewfinder or screen ensuring a perfectly framed picture every time.