Snapped quivertip

joe32

Reaction score
Managed to snap a carbon tip in my Fox Duo quivertip section, it has left a stub of around 2 inches of weak carbon.

I really don't want to have to replace the upper section of the rod, got any ideas of how I can get this out?

And if so..

Can anyone link me to any fox, or fox fitting quivertip sections as I can't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

joe32

Reaction score
That is the exact rod! Are they £15 for one tip section?! Blimey! Any cheaper alternatives?

Tried to get the stub out again and sheared it off just short of the tip, is drilling it my only option?

mick b

Reaction score
That is the exact rod! Are they £15 for one tip section?! Blimey! Any cheaper alternatives?

Tried to get the stub out again and sheared it off just short of the tip, is drilling it my only option?

Okay Joe,
This is what you do.....

If there is still a stub of carbon remaining get a gentle grip on it with a pair of pliers........using a match or cigarette lighter gently heat the tube of the tip-ring ( thats the bit where the carbon is inside).....after a min or two gently turn the carbon stub and pull at the same time.....and it will slide out.......:D

If there isn't any carbon remaining outside the tube it is a little more complicated...but achievable....with care.
Just heat as above and using a sharp sewing needle insert it into the carbon stub and drag the bit of carbon out, it may take a few attempts but you will get it out eventually..;)

Use a diamond (nail) file to trim up the broken end and normal hot melt glue to re glue the original tip ring onto the cleaned up end.
If the old tip ring wont fit the cutback end obtain a new tip ring from Fishing tackle & fishing tackle components - Hopkins & Holloway Limited

If you have any problems......comeback.