On sale now in the UK. Google glass.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
At a grand a pop not everyone's budget but wow!
You can activate the camera by voice control and film videos of your fishing exploits.
I'm no paulgreenacre but you could be innit?

hyperdrive

Reaction score
I think I'll wait for the 2 grand apple version:D

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Everyone will buy them once the price comes down and they figure out how to implement monthly service charges. Eventually it will become the norm just like telephones and TVs and computers and smartphones, wrist watches, video games, etc. They have the potential to replace cell phones if you think about a device that's "always connected" complete with hands-free speech recognition, text, video and calling. Instantaneous Web. Everything you do will be "connected". You'll have the ability to join the worldwide database. You'l have instant visual access to all your Cloud files, photos and music. Everyone's entire daily life will become one big virtual stream.

And to think that a corporation of some sort will own all of this is quite frightening.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

success_baby.jpg

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

google-glass-geek-614509.jpeg

7085194_700b_v2.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
At a grand a pop not everyone's budget but wow!
You can activate the camera by voice control and film videos of your fishing exploits.
I'm no paulgreenacre but you could be innit?

I'm not sure a video of my motionless float hour after hour would be a box office hit.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ha ha I'm no Paul Greenacre but - thats a phrase now isn't it.

Dont forget though google is tremendously evil and they are intent on selling you more stuff

greenie62

Reaction score
Dont forget though google is tremendously evil and they are intent on selling you more stuff

Do they own any carp gear companies by any chance?;):rolleyes::eek:mg:

vort

Reaction score
The nickname chosen by TheRegister (IT news web site) for wearers of Google's goggles is "glassholes".

beerweasel

Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be before somebody dies whilst driving and wearing them.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I saw a report on t.v. People wearing them have been verbally and physically abused because some folk think they are being filmed..

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I fail to understand why anyone would want them :confused:

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."

Darryl Zanuck, executive at 20th Century Fox, 1946

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

"Nuclear-powered vacuum cleaners will probably be a reality within ten years."

Alex Lewyt, president of Lewyt vacuum company, 1955

nicepix

Reaction score
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."

Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."

Darryl Zanuck, executive at 20th Century Fox, 1946

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

"Nuclear-powered vacuum cleaners will probably be a reality within ten years."

Alex Lewyt, president of Lewyt vacuum company, 1955

Didn't someone say that he could foresee a telephone in every town?

I appreciate that the benefits of technology is not always evident to the older generation. I can understand that some people will buy this stuff just because it is new and makes them the focus of attention but could some young whipper-snapper please explain why they want to record their mundane daily activities?

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

I saw a report on t.v. People wearing them have been verbally and physically abused because some folk think they are being filmed..

That occurred to me too. In this day and age I don't think the users will be made welcome in some places.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Didn't someone say that he could foresee a telephone in every town?

I appreciate that the benefits of technology is not always evident to the older generation. I can understand that some people will buy this stuff just because it is new and makes them the focus of attention but could some young whipper-snapper please explain why they want to record their mundane daily activities?

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

That occurred to me too. In this day and age I don't think the users will be made welcome in some places.

Well i predicted , in the early to mid 90s that no one would pay for anything using the web.

laguna

Reaction score
In my inbox this morning is an email suggesting Google wants to enter into the insurance arena too and god knows what else....

The camera gizmo spectacle Cyclops is novel but the reviews to date suggest it is **** and impracticable - couldnt say why or for because it doesn't appeal to me - I'm not a yuppy chauvinist or shamanistic twit!
No, I'd be much more at home with a motion detector cam broach that takes candid shots I can upload to youtube of anglers with torn arse posh pants peeing on electric fences! :D