Summat for nowt!

robtherake

Reaction score
Please excuse the gloating :D Just won a Daiwa Spectron Medium feeder rod in a magazine competition. Absolutely buzzing! I must have been entering tackle competitions for thirty-odd years and it's the first ever win - persistence pays, eh?
Thinking about it, though, it probably only just covers the cost of all the stamps I've used!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well deserved then by the sound of things.... well done Rob and lets hope it helps you catch a monster ! :).

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Please excuse the gloating Just won a Daiwa Spectron Medium feeder rod in a magazine competition. Absolutely buzzing! I must have been entering tackle competitions for thirty-odd years and it's the first ever win - persistence pays, eh?
Thinking about it, though, it probably only just covers the cost of all the stamps I've used!

Well done you . . . . . . . .

It is not often that we actually know someone who wins in these competitions.

greenie62

Reaction score
Well done Rob,
Let's hope it becomes your 'lucky' rod! :)
:thumbs: Tight Lines

terry m

Reaction score
No idea as to how good that rod is, but nonetheless great news to win it. Hope your luck using it is just as good.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you handled one, Mark? I've only ever seen them in the Daiwa catalogue.

I've got two mate, a 12ft Pellet waggler and the 13ft match waggler! :)
Mine are the older models with gloss blanks and they are stunning rods, and along with my Preston Absolute and Excel rods they are fantastic to use, proper fishing rods ;)

The only regret I have is not buying the 17ft Spectron, instead I opted for the 17ft Excel, which is just a tad heavy to trot with all day!

Good luck with it mate, just wait till you get a fish on...Woah :)

robtherake

Reaction score
I've got two mate, a 12ft Pellet waggler and the 13ft match waggler! :)
Mine are the older models with gloss blanks and they are stunning rods, and along with my Preston Absolute and Excel rods they are fantastic to use, proper fishing rods ;)

The only regret I have is not buying the 17ft Spectron, instead I opted for the 17ft Excel, which is just a tad heavy to trot with all day!

Good luck with it mate, just wait till you get a fish on...Woah :)

Cheers, Mark. I'm like a kid before Christmas, here....come on postie!

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Well done, Rob - nice rod and nice going.

Years ago, in the 1990 Christmas edition of Angler's Mail, I won a pike rod and reel for nominating Tom Pickering as the year's best Angler.

I meant to use it but never got round to it and, almost a year later, it was stolen when the garage was broken into.

Just my luck!! If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (as the Yorkie boys would say).

Still, the insurance pay out helped put an AS1 box (anyone remember them??) on the bank but how can you replace floats you caught your first roach and gudgeon on?

Still, well done Rob. Now stop filling in entry forms and start filling in feeders!! :D You know you want to

All the best, mate :)

robtherake

Reaction score
Well done, Rob - nice rod and nice going.

Years ago, in the 1990 Christmas edition of Angler's Mail, I won a pike rod and reel for nominating Tom Pickering as the year's best Angler.

I meant to use it but never got round to it and, almost a year later, it was stolen when the garage was broken into.

Just my luck!! If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (as the Yorkie boys would say).

Still, the insurance pay out helped put an AS1 box (anyone remember them??) on the bank but how can you replace floats you caught your first roach and gudgeon on?

Still, well done Rob. Now stop filling in entry forms and start filling in feeders!! :D You know you want to

All the best, mate :)

Hahaha! Cheers, Phil :) I've won loads of stuff recently - Achilles tendon thingy's still playing up - but it's a poor substitute for time spent on the bank. Only managed 2 sessions in the last 2 months. Last time out was to blood an 8ft Browning feeder rod, but all the fish were frolicking up top so I capitulated and gave them what they wanted. Managed half a dozen bread-noshing mud pigs, good going considering it was done standing on one leg for the most part. Could have doubled that if standing up wasn't such an issue! Nothing big - maybe 8 or 9lb tops - but great fun on a ten foot float rod.

robtherake

Reaction score
Get yourself a Daiwa TDR or TDX and you have a marriage made in heaven :)

Good luck with it mate!

Thanks, Mark. I have a little outing planned for Wednesday evening (all being well), so I'll post some first impressions. Fraid the Spectron'll have to slum it with an Exage or baby baitrunner for the time being, unless I can win a new reel....:D