ACA

C

Cakey

time to pay again to the SAA or should I change to the ACA

at the time of joining the SAA they were at all the shows I attended ,ACA were not there

so heres your chance to sell it to me .....................................or not

C

Cakey

Cheers John Ive read that and now Im more confused

I pay for two rod licences every year to the EA ,why are they not doing what the ACA are doing,I feel anyone joining the ACA is paying twice

M

MarkTheSpark

Couldn't agree more, Cakey. Every morning (well, once a week at least) some git on the A1 empties a zillion gallons of detergent into the Nene, which bubbles up into nice piles of foam at Alwalton lock until the river looks like it's got icebergs going down it. It's so strong, you can actually smell the flowery pong they put in the detergent. I'm guessing car/lorry wash.

I have mentioned this several times to the EA, who've done nothing about it. They're useless.

E

EC

If unification happens in the new year Cakes your membership will be transferred over to the new organisation I am led to believe!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"If unification happens in the new year Cakes your membership will be transferred over to the new organisation I am led to believe!"

This would be the 'unification' that was supposed to happen some time after June this year? And only if one continues one's membership of any of the individual constituent bodies of this unification process.

I can easily understand your dilemma Cakey, my view is that the ACA do a fabulous job, as they exist now. I do however have a problem seeing the ACA continuing their grand work under a 'unification' banner, and continuing their 'charity' status.

Providing that they continue as they do so under their present auspices then I'll continue to support them by annual membership, and my will and testament conditions, in addition to my annual EA license.

B

Bill Cox

I'm joining the mormons,the scientologists and the Tooting liberal front.

C

Cakey

apart from cleaner water but the government should be giving me that !

Reaction score
Hi Cakey, If you struggle to see what you getout of it then you are taking a very narrowmindedview of things.

Taking the broader picture, I hope that my membership of the ACA contributes to putting the fear of God (or the lawyer's writ) into the hearts of polluters everywhere. It should permeate into the thoughts of all those who would choose to dispose of their little bit of waste into any watercourse.

Support the ACA, let it shout from the highest rooftops to all polluters"We will find you and you will pay".

You can't be so naive as to believe that you can rely on governments to give you all you want.

Stop thinking only of what you get out of it and think how we all benefit from a strong ACA.

Peter

C

Cakey

but thats like paying your council tax then going and sweeping the roads yourself or paying someone elso to do it !

if you knew how hard I work to get my money you would want to see a return for it !