Stolen tackle

samcro1

Reaction score
Well had my garage wiped out by some scum mine and young lads tackle gone plus some power tools , so disheartening having to start again hopefully insurance will come through without to much hassle . So if anyone in Kirkby in ashfield , sutton in ashfield or Mansfield gets offered any tackle you never know it could be mine ????

B

binka

Samcro I'm sad to hear of that, I hope they catch 'em and give 'em what for... however unlikely that might be.

I'm only three or four miles away from you so i'll keep an ear to the ground, if in the meantime you or your lad need some gear to see you through until the insurance is settled let me know as I've got a Greys TX Rova Float along with a spare Daiwa 2503 reel, I can muster up a landing net, banksticks, bag, floats and terminal gear etc and you're more than welcome.

And if you have any problem with the insurance he can keep 'em if it will keep him keen.

Good luck with it and don't hesitate.

Last edited:

mick b

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that news.

Its so common for tackle to be stolen from a garage, I know of two such thefts from friends and have heard of 6-8 locally, so it must be a very common all over.

Try a few postcard adverts in your local shops and make some early morning visits to the carboot sales in your area, it might turn up something.

All I store in the garage are my nets, buckets and bait boxes but it would still cost me £100 or so to replace them all (heaven forbid).

Good luck.

floatfish

Reaction score
Stolen gear from garages sheds,even houses, is going on all the time.
It's easy to dispose of especially round Xmas time. Car boot sales etc.
Police keep a look out at such places.

The people who buy these cheapo bargains, and accept the stories/reasons for sale at silly prices are almost as bad a the thieves. They must have a good idea it's stolen, or dodgy in some way.!

Hope the insurance company does their bit. Making up a list of what you lost is not so easy, remembering what you had ,all the bits.

greenie62

Reaction score
Making up a list of what you lost is not so easy, remembering what you had ,all the bits.
Take photos as you buy your kit and save them to a separate folder on your (photographed) PC - at least you'll have a record/piccies/acquisition dates to give police & insurance company.
Good luck in recovery!

sumtime

Reaction score
I feel livid when I read someone's gear/belongings has been stolen. :mad:

In 1984 we moved to a house with a garden, never lived in a home with a garden being born in the city centre. I was delighted and began building a shed,
almost finished, just needed a lock and hasp for it which had to wait till the next day.

I put my cycle inside and left all my tools on my newly built bench, hammered a nail in the shed and bent it over after closing the door.

The next morning when I woke, I looked out of the kitchen window and spotted the door ajar, all my tools were gone but the bike was still there, told me it was a neighbour.

Taught me a lesson too, never put anything of importance in a shed especially my fishing gear.

Btw, I later was informed of a t*** in our close and his in law (whose house overlooked our garden) would go round doing sheds in and selling them on car booties, couldn't prove anything but I drew a message on a large sheet of cardboard (stuck it in the garden next to the shed facing his house) informing the next person to rob me was gonna hang from our tree, never had a problem after that.

Every bit of tackle is in my house and I have cctv which is a lot of comfort.
Hope you get something back, Sam.

samcro1

Reaction score
Samcro I'm sad to hear of that, I hope they catch 'em and give 'em what for... however unlikely that might be.

I'm only three or four miles away from you so i'll keep an ear to the ground, if in the meantime you or your lad need some gear to see you through until the insurance is settled let me know as I've got a Greys TX Rova Float along with a spare Daiwa 2503 reel, I can muster up a landing net, banksticks, bag, floats and terminal gear etc and you're more than welcome.

And if you have any problem with the insurance he can keep 'em if it will keep him keen.

Thank you very much for the offer, sorry for not replying sooner but I will be ok , been away for 2 weeks so insurance assessor had to wait until I come back , I have had a supplier contact me regard tackle so just a waiting game now ??

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
sorry to hear, hope you get paid out.

Had my garage done a number of years ago, the Insurance company wanted photo's of the gear, which i had, but trust me, they will try and get out of paying you the full amount, stick to your guns as long as you can.

Good luck

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Binka,

Top Man

lambert1

Reaction score
It is indeed an all too common occurrence wherever you live whether it is tools, tackle or the number one target round my way CASH. We had a new PVC front door fitted and I wish we had kept the old wooden one. Unbeknown to us, there was a gadget available that goes through the letter box and pulls the handle down on the inside. We got done by some lads that were so high, the police found one of them hiding in a bush! They stole the most ridiculous items like my prescription sunglasses, but managed to get away with my wife's handbag. The overall loss was not great, but the feeling that you home has been violated takes a great deal longer to recover from. We have to lock the door from the inside and make sure we have a key nearby in case of fire. Shame that we have to live like that.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
It is indeed an all too common occurrence wherever you live whether it is tools, tackle or the number one target round my way CASH. We had a new PVC front door fitted and I wish we had kept the old wooden one. Unbeknown to us, there was a gadget available that goes through the letter box and pulls the handle down on the inside. We got done by some lads that were so high, the police found one of them hiding in a bush! They stole the most ridiculous items like my prescription sunglasses, but managed to get away with my wife's handbag. The overall loss was not great, but the feeling that you home has been violated takes a great deal longer to recover from. We have to lock the door from the inside and make sure we have a key nearby in case of fire. Shame that we have to live like that.

Wrong type of door handle there i am afraid i would not mind betting your Euro cylinder sticks out past the handle surface as well .

There is a new method in use round here right now they break the handle face plate so they can get at the Euro cylinder to break it off use BS registered Breaksafe Drill proof Euro Cylinders of the correct length (PS) they can still be got round but it involved noise and time ..
I am a part time lockie for my sins so see a lot .

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since the school holidays started it's gone mad with break in's round here.

My daughters shed was done last week, they stole her bike, my angle grinder and my pressure washer which she had borrowed but they ignored the £300 gas BBQ and my electric concrete mixer which were in the garden (I've got a lad who's been laying a patio round there).
The police didn't even bother attending and when she told them what had been taken and what was left said, "It's kids, it's the same every year and unless they have left a hand behind we'll never find them".

If her dog had been in the garden at the time they could well have lost a hand but unfortunately he was with her out for a walk.

Thankfully her insurance have been good as gold and are paying out in full for replacements.

floatfish

Reaction score
Good job we have insurance to cover losses, but we all are paying extra over the years to cover higher premiums. This problem just goes on and on.!!!

Also if you catch them in the act you have to be very careful how far you go otherwise you could well find the law taking more interest in your actions than the original thieves.!!

Last edited:
B

binka

Good job we have insurance to cover losses, but we all are paying extra over the years to cover higher premiums. This problem just goes on and on.!!!

Also is you catch them in the act you have to be very careful how far you go otherwise you could well find the law taking more interest in your actions than the original thieves.!!

With you on the actions and the law being against you... bizarre to say the least IMO.

I came to renew my house and contents insurance recently only to find it had been lumped up by £85 despite never having a claim for sixteen years!
(Even the recent drain problem which I've forked out and done the work on myself would have been covered).

When I telephoned to query this I was duly informed that it was because incidents in the area where I live had risen.

Well that's insurance companies for you... based on the selective, detailed information they ask for except when they decide to throw it all out of the window and play a blinder like that and selective information then becomes a generalisation in their favour!

I found similar, comprehensive cover elsewhere and took it despite the insurer who I was with "overriding the system" to lower my premium to the previous level :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah.

Will they ever learn? :confused:

Last edited: