Lucky me ....I'm going to Alton Towers..

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
Wife has told me that we are taking the offspring to Alton Towers in October 'cos she's got a load of vouchers from Tesco. Normally an announcement to be greeted with gloom and despondency. This time however I discover that my children are old enought to inflict themselves on the above establishment without my presence and I can merely hand over the contents of my wallet and find something else to do with my day. This therefore begs the question: are there any decent day ticket waters nearby? Can be either coarse or game. Grateful any suggestions on how to save my day.

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
I wenta couple of months ago, and the best part of it was the lake in the middle. I was walking past and couldn't help but notice the stock of carp they had bathing on the top. If only you could fish in Alton Towers. Be a bit pricey.

Reaction score
Looks like them. Never fished them - have a good mate who lives in Marchington(nearby) and I've walked around them. Aren't they the lakes that the AT Club Competition thingy use for the finals.

Personally from a scenic point of view I would much rather fish Rudyard - White Post and all that - however from Matthew's point of view these are nearer.