Venue Spotlight - Furzebray Carp Lakes

F

Frothey

Its also "done" its first twenties since I wrote the article, both mirror and commons and fish that have grown on from doubles rather than stocked in at a high weight. really promising for the future /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Noel80

Reaction score
I don't know north Devon well but apart from the reservoirs I gather there is a shortage of good carp waters. I had a look at Google aerial photos of this place and you can just make out the lake being built but there is a cloud obscuring most of it!

Do you know Salmonhutch in Crediton? I had a look there recently for the first time in a couple of years and was amazed at the clarity of the water of the first pond. Last time I was there it was green with no visibility but now it is crystal clear thanks to some bales of barley. Looks fantastic. Such a lovely change from the brown puddles you normally find.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Yet another very well written article from Frothy. Im going to use it as an example in one of my after school classes later this term.

F

Frothey

i had my alice band in and my roots needed doing.....

i dont want to talk about my hair at the mo, I had a very upsetting experience the other day /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
Thats a lovely sunset picture Frothy, shame the hair didnt come out too well though mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

it was a while ago.... just before my bro's wedding, so i was waiting to get the roots done.