Promising start spoilt

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well very promising start this morning on the Old Birmingham Mainline in Tipton today but the ruined by the Pedalistas :confused: one kept coming up and down getting ever closer to my gear ( stashed well out of the way on purpose ) , What is it with some of these morons are they totally anti fishing .

I was very tempted to give him a cold bath but packed up and moved to a different canal got just 7 small perch and 1 roach .. :mad:

symonh2000

Reaction score
Some people really need to get off their high horses.

Some lady had a go at me fishing recently asking if I had a licence (which of course I did) and saying that it wasn't the fishing season. It was last October and I was fishing for Pike, and I think she just got annoyed that I was fishing where she wanted her dog to have a swim.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
One rather cold & damp day on the cut I had a lady walking her dog proclaim loudly that she couldn't understand why anybody would want to engage in such a pointless pastime on such a miserable day.

I told her I quite agreed and why didn't she take the poor little fellah home.

cal_sutt

Reaction score
Its the old "you won't catch ote there mate" that really gets me. Especially when you can see fish and when you know whats there from previous sessions, these idiots seem to think that because they haven't seen anything there means there's nothing there.

The birdwatchers are another group... I've been fishing before and ended up speaking to some who are saying "oh we'll not bother you, we're just looking for birds" and then 15 minutes later, there they are crashing around within a hundred yards of me trying to Bear Grylls their way through the undergrowth just to get a better look at some p*ssing geese!