John wilson signature avon quiver deluxe

symonh2000

Reaction score
Just wondering really, there is a place on ebay selling these rods as an online auction.

They seem to be selling at pretty low prices (around £35 all in). Has anyone any experience of using this particular rod and what is it like?

I have one of the older 11 foot Avon quivers (cork/duplon handle variant) which I am happy with, but it is getting a little tired and worn out.

This looks like a good upgrade to what I have...

I am thinking I can't go too far wrong at that sort of price, unless it is a complete dog.

cal_sutt

Reaction score
They don't really sell for much more on other sites (we're talking within a tenner more) but check the seller and see what else they're selling as well as their rating/feedback etc. In addition, some of the JW rods I've used/seen have been brilliant in performance and value for money.

symonh2000

Reaction score
The cheapest I have seen them elsewhere was £47, the one yesterday sold for £26 plus £8 postage.

Other sites are selling them for near enough £100

I wouldn't even consider one at £100, but at around the £35 mark it is a steal if it is a good rod.

This particular seller has a good seller rating.

cal_sutt

Reaction score
Well you might as well then if you're getting a bargain like that! The seller rating being good is also a sign you're in for a good purchase:D

slaphead

Reaction score
I have the JW barbel quiver 11-13ft 1.75lb test curve. I use it for all my club water fishing and on other commercials.

I've caught all sorts on it from ruffe to carp

Can't fault it.