Swindon fishing

slaphead

Reaction score
We'll be visiting Swindon at the end of the month, can anyone recommend a good spot for an afternoons fishing? (If the Boss lets me :eek:).

daji

Reaction score
Hi Slaphead. Theres a few places i can recommend

Plaums pit. A Small quiet venue, slightly more than 1 acre in size, all species with a nice head of Bream, Crucian and Tench.

Home

Peatmoor Lagoon: 12 acres in size. Again mixed species although there are a few crayfish and terrapins lurking. This lake has a nice mix of different swim types and caters well for the disabled.

Peatmoor lagoon - www.fishinswindon.co.uk

Coate Water: I haven't fished here for years and at the moment it looks to have a bit of a weed issue along the damn wall. A larger venue and one i always found a little more challenging. Again mixed species with apparently a small number of large carp, nice size bream and large perch.

Coate Water Country Park - Fishing in Wiltshire

there are plenty of lakes in and around Swindon although having fairly recently returned to fishing i've yet to try them all. If there is one you fancy trying that i haven't mentioned then let me know and i'll ask around for the latest info. hope that helps.

all the best

Daji :)

slaphead

Reaction score
Thank you daji.

I do have accessibility issues, so will check them out.

Jim

stevejay

Reaction score
If you are into commercial venues, then look up Lake Pochard/Ridgeway fishery

Lake Pochard

I am still fairly new to the area but have fished matches there a couple times - easy access if you need that, plenty of fish and an on site cafe etc.

Worth a look.

Good luck,