Best Angling Movie - Ever

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Well, at the risk of being labelled a sentimental old fool and lacking taste in movies I would probably plumb for 'And the river runs through it' with Brad Pitt et al.. although I'm sure the educated would probably say the fishing footage is not up to scratch.
We all have youthful memories of standing in shallow streams trotting for roach etc and I even have memories of standing in the River Test in waders fishing for trout so perhaps it is the reminder of days gone by that appeals most....

I still enjoyed the whole film though......

Spencer Tracy in 'The old man and the Sea' also does it for me.......if not a little long in the fight....

Last edited:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Last edited:

mick b

Reaction score
I think the best sequence ever shot during an angling movie is that of the millionaire globe trotting big game angler Stuart Campbell being snatched out his fighting chair by a Marlin when he became entangled in his (30lb) reel line.

Seeing your employer going over the transom is certainly not on the agenda when your half way around the world.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This one is ice-cool, too. No Brands, "Personalities", well-rehearsed responses to staged "events", pieces to camera....

[ame=http://youtu.be/GrxXKADZZGI]Pingu goes fishing - YouTube[/ame]

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Clangers , it all went downhill for them , Postgate would no longer touch them after they kept turning up on set "tired" , last I heard they had formed an all clanger review show somewhere near the state border.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Not exactly a video but a book . . . . . . . . .

It perfectly sums up some of the sights and sounds on today's modern venues:

http://enidblytonsociety.co.uk/author/covers/noddy-goes-fishing-flick-book-6.jpg

If I was Noddy I would have bivvied up , worn some camo and at least got rid of that bell, besides who uses a whip on that sort of venue.

noddy-goes-fishing-flick-book-6.jpg