Fox DX alarm , what does the bottom button do?

J

Jim Pullin

I've just bought some Fox DXs second hand and am slightly mystified by the function of the bottom button. The others are obviously volume, tone and sensitivity but the last one has me beat. If anyone owns any of these old workhorses and cvan help me, or, even better, has an old handbook, I'll be eternally etc, etc.

D

David Will

Could be either the dual sensing button ie whether you had on vibration or not or drop back differention button.(different tone for drop backs).

C

Cakey

Dont touch it,its the .......................................................................

G

GYPSY DAVE

Please Note; The memorial Service for our Dear,Departed friend Mr. Cakey Esq. will be announced at a later date. Now their will be a moment of silence.............only broken by the sniggers at the back(you know who you are!!)

P

Paul Williams

Cakey you are totally.. Gypsy.....you are even worse!!!!! lol!!!

J

Jim Pullin

Yeah, yeah. Now, can anyone actually help? Thanks for the suggestions, Dave, but I'm not sure if it's a vibration selection button as it's not a two way switch and it doesn't make any difference on drop backs. Or indeed anything else, as far as I can tell. Maybe it's just Fox's patented Price Increaser Facility. Anyway, I'm still open to suggestions. Alas poor Cakey ... and me with the black tie just back from the cleaners ...

A

ace carper

Ok Jim, Here it is!!!
The 3rd knob controls run sensitivity. At position 1, the alarm is in vibration mode. pos. 2, 3, 4, 5, controls the nagnetic wheel sensing, ie line travel through alarm. Pos 2, most sensitive.....pos 5 least sensitive.
The 4th knob is the vibration sensitivity control. When knob 3 is set to pos 1,(vibration mode) knob 4 controls the sensitivity of the alarm to vibration. From its Anticlockwise position (least sensitive) turn clockwise to increase vibration sensing.
Hope this is clear m8.

P

Paul Williams

Come back bog standaed optonics....all is forgiven!!!!!!!!!

B

Birds Nest

Your not wrong Paul... I've got 2 standards... Still going strong..