Daiwa Black Widow

thehalcyonred

Reaction score
Hi folks, iv ben using a Daiwa theory 3lb tc rod for margin work and was looking for something lighter but without going to thick on the blank.

Has anyone used the Daiwa Black Widow range ??

Cheers

Steve2020

Reaction score
Yes I own a pair of black widow 2.75lb test curve and love em the action and the build quality is awesome for Around the £50 price tag.
A mate of mine keeps banging on at me to get a pair of fox rods that are retailing for £150 each but why would I when my black widows do everything I want and more. The days of me spending big money for the sake of it are long gone.

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Hi folks, iv ben using a Daiwa theory 3lb tc rod for margin work and was looking for something lighter but without going to thick on the blank.

Has anyone used the Daiwa Black Widow range ??

Cheers

Go for some Chub Outkast smallwaters, 11ft 2.25lb.

alcatraz68

Reaction score
I have 2x Black Widow 2.75tc and the Black Widow Spod Rod. All are fantastic. I actually started with 1 Black Widow and liked it so much that I ordered a second. They feel very premium IMO. They are fairly thin yet very strong. I dont see the point in spending extra money on more expensive rods, you'd be better putting that towards decent reels to complement the rods.

nolan1977

Reaction score
I have just bought a black widow with the matching reel 4000a.

Has anyone got the reel or the 5000a? If so what is your opinion.

B

binka

Has anyone got the reel or the 5000a? If so what is your opinion.

The reel you have is a specced down version of the popular Emcast, just fewer bearings.

You will have a solidly engineered reel with a decent drag and good baitrunner facility and would probably struggle to buy better for the price, the 5000a is identical to the 4000a in every other respect except the 5000a has a larger spool.

I've got the Emcasts (1 x 3500a & 2 x 5000a) and they've been great for a seventy five quid reel with two aluminium spools, for the sake of a few bearings your Black Widow is unlikely to disappoint you.

Plenty of reviews for both reels if you do a quick Google.