Flipping snags!

KAR

Reaction score
I've been out fishing today and got back not too long ago. I have an Abu Cardinal that casts 'too well'. It's ok on places with not many reeds but where I was fishing today there was ALOT of reeds and I cast out not long before I packed up and it went straight into the middle of the reeds. So, I quickly reeled to try and stop myself getting hooked on 'em and what do you know I got snagged. after 10minutes trying to get it off, I realised that it was just no good even trying. So I ended up cutting the line. Lost my float (bloody good float that an' all). Is there any sort of trick to cast outa bit closeror to stop yourself getting snagged when in reeds etc.?

Cheers.

BarryC

Reaction score
Never tried it float fishing but you could try clipping up like you would for feeder fishing.

The way I do it is cast a little short of where you want to fish. Pull a little more line off your reel and clip up. Reel in and cast again, if still short unclip, let out a little more line and clip up again. Repeat until just right.

Just make sure you stand in the same spot each time and hold your rod at the same angle, should get fairly accurate.

paul tant

Reaction score
use a weaker hooklink , that way you dont have to cut your main line ,

when i used to do a lot of float fishing into some tricky spots , i either used an elastic band on the spool , or used a slider with a stop knot ,

NIGE K

Reaction score
kane have you seen in the telegraph there is a new day ticket carp water near us.

KAR

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>NIGE K wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>kane have you seen in the telegraph there is a new day ticket carp water near us.</blockquote>Really? Where abouts is it? I haven't picked up any paper this week.

NIGE K

Reaction score
its in claxby im gonna ring up in the next day or two ill let you know what they say or would you like the number

NIGE K

Reaction score
telephone chris 07767 363545 if you ring up let me know what they say

NIGE K

Reaction score
there are 2 or 3 fisheries out that way let me know if you go and how you get on