Bed Chairs....!

terry m

Reaction score
I have an old Terry Hearn bedchair, it is fine, i5t is not exactly lightweight but it is not overly heavy. I cannot remember what I paid for it, it was not a king's ransom.

I see the new Nash Airframe bedchair is now on sale at the astonishing price of almost £330.

Yes, £330 to purchase a glorified camp bed. I could buy a double bed for that. Has the world gone totally nuts or am I just a grumpy old man?

For £330 I would want dancing girls to accompany it!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I see the new Nash Airframe bedchair is now on sale at the astonishing price of almost £330

. . . . ah, yes, but, if you take the word Nash off of the title and the real price reverts to about 80 squid

Then, remove the little piccie of the Carp and it loses at least another 20 notes from the R.R.P.

For £330 for a bed-chair it would have to come complete with Shakira to serenade me into the land of nod, and for her to watch my rods wearing nothing but a smile while I dreamed of her, clad accordingly, making me brekkie when I awake . . . . . . . . . . .

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Have a look at www.JohnsonRoss.co.uk.

There are so many good bed chairs out there for around £100

The new range of bed chairs, not only Nash, are IMO, a Rip Off.

Any one paying over £200 for a bed chair has also been Ripped Off.

They know there are tackle tarts out there, and the tarts fall for it every time.

£330 ?? watch out Mugs they know your coming

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Whilst I tend to agree with the general thrust of the posts made. The prices are a bit silly, and getting sillier, along with the size and weight of some of them. However, I do have a slightly different take.

For many years I had a an old budget range Fox bedchair. It wasn't perfect but it was adequate for the amount of night fishing I did at the time. I then started doing more nights which justified spending on a new bed. Initially, I paid slightly less than £100 for an Angling Intelligence bed. It was, for all intents and purposes, a copy of the cheaper Nash Indulgence beds of the time. Unfortunately, it was still a little less than perfect. It put me off longer sessions as it tended to give me back ache. I was fortunate enough to be offered an almost new Fox Flatliner for a very reasonable price. There was no way on earth that I'd have paid, or could have paid, the £270 or so for a brand new one. However, after a year of owning it, having slept well on it, not just when fishing, and having no back troubles, I'm a lot less dismissive of the full asking price. As far as I'm concerned, being able to keep fishing without back problems is worth a fair amount. I'd certainly not go back to my previous bed chair for love nor money.

B

binka

If the Nash happens to fail in any way, say tearing of the stitching which dumps you on the ground or snapping of that delightful Airframe which.. dumps you on the ground, then I know someone who's a dab hand at getting it back up and running for you.

You might need a tractor to pull it to your swim though :D

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I have a Wychwood 3 leg bed that I've had for 5 years. Still in good order, I find it comfortable, even on week long jaunts to La France. I don't use it weekly but it gets a fair airing most seasons. Cost about 60 squid if I remember correctly (I think on offer at the time). Try out a few, wait until Autumn/Winter and look out for an offer on a discontinued/upgraded line.

£330? For a camp bed? The world really has gone bonkers. Shakira would have to do a great deal better than just sing/put the kettle on to get me to part with that.;)

Stu

greenie62

Reaction score
£330? For a camp bed? ..... Shakira would have to do a great deal better than just sing/put the kettle on to get me to part with that.

:confused:Er... lend you a hand with your rod? :confused::eek:;)

sam vimes

Reaction score
There's a further point to consider with the originally cited Nash Airframe bed. It has the sleeping bag included in the £330 asking price. It isn't just a plain bedchair. Comparing it to plain bedchair isn't comparing an apple to an apple.
It's a premium bedchair with a premium sleeping bag built in. When you take £130, the lower end cost of a Nash sleeping bag, off the £330, the bedchair now looks to have a slightly more sensible price of £200.

Using the Chub Cloud 9 chair and sleeping bag as a comparison. The cheapest Cloud 9 bedchair is £179.99. The cheapest matching Cloud 9 five season sleeping bag is £74.99. That's certainly a more realistic comparison, giving a total cost of £254.98.

Yes, you've got the Nash tax of about £75, but the cost isn't quite as daft as it first appears. Conveniently forgetting that there's a built in sleeping bag makes the price appear very silly.

Last edited:

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
There's a further point to consider with the originally cited Nash Airframe bed. It has the sleeping bag included in the £330 asking price. It isn't just a plain bedchair. Comparing it to plain bedchair isn't comparing an apple to an apple.
It's a premium bedchair with a premium sleeping bag built in. When you take £130, the lower end cost of a Nash sleeping bag, off the £330, the bedchair now looks to have a slightly more sensible price of £200.

Using the Chub Cloud 9 chair and sleeping bag as a comparison. The cheapest Cloud 9 bedchair is £179.99. The cheapest matching Cloud 9 five season sleeping bag is £74.99. That's certainly a more realistic comparison, giving a total cost of £254.98.

Yes, you've got the Nash tax of about £75, but the cost isn't quite as daft as it first appears. Conveniently forgetting that there's a built in sleeping bag makes the price appear very silly.

I think It's over priced by £130, as most anglers already have the sleeping bag, its to catch the tackle tarts, and they will be caught ;)

terry m

Reaction score
I don't get the Tackle Tart piece when it comes to bedchairs for heaven's sake.

Sure, rods reels, alarms etc, we all like to use nice kit - I am not exception. But a bedchair FFS, does anyone care about the make/model/cost of bedchairs except the person buying, lying on or being serenaded by Shakira next to?

Not sure the Nash claims to have orthopaedic qualities either.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I don't get the Tackle Tart piece when it comes to bedchairs for heaven's sake.

Sure, rods reels, alarms etc, we all like to use nice kit - I am not exception. But a bedchair FFS, does anyone care about the make/model/cost of bedchairs except the person buying, lying on or being serenaded by Shakira next to?

Not sure the Nash claims to have orthopaedic qualities either.

Well trust me, there are tackle tarts, and tackle tarts, and i know a few who change tackle, and that includes bed chairs as, more often than Kate Price changes husbands and boyfriends :)

They are the same with just about anything. Why would anyone want a camo sleeping bag, camo storm poles, but they do, ha ho each to their own.