Tony Miles's new book Ghost Story...

T

Tony O'dell

Has anyone read this story...and can give me the general run down on it..without encroaching on Tony Miles's copyright.
If i am correct in my thinking in what it relates too it may explain a few occurences.....

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Not read his new book but in another book when writing about a session on the Cherwell he gave an account of the most frightening thing I have ever read. It involved the preverbial MIST, loud footsteps etc, it was enough to put me off fishing at night there.

D

David Will

Most of them start ' after a good session in the boozer ....'

T

Tony O'dell

lol...i dont think Tony Miles drinks......if anyone can shed anymore light on the story/stories...and it is relevant, i will add a little more to it...

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Tony Miles also had a bad experiance whilst fishing at Redmire, this is related in his book `Big Fish Angling`, and involved the violent shaking of his bivvy during the night and a big drop in temperature in the swim.
I've looked for the story on the Cherwell but think I lent the book to Warren. Will ask him to shed some light on this.

C

Curly

I've read Chasing Dreams and what he relates in his Ghosts & Goblins chapter is enough to put anybody off. He tells of an experience that he had involving loud footsteps and cracking twigs behind him. He was also fishing on an Island so he would have heard anybody or anything cross the water.

The thing that frightened me the most was, the cloud of mist and the crashing noises in the bushes behind him, that even shook the branches on the trees!!!!!

R

Richard Drayson

Oooeer! Just when I was planning to fish the Hants Avon on opening night.

M

Mike Parker

Richard,

I know the Hants Avon can be a bit of a sod at times but I don't think it takes 2 months of planning!

Could you let me know where night fishing is allowed on the Avon please I aint affraid of no Ghosts!

R

Ron Clay

I have known Tony Miles personally for a number of years. He is one of the most logical minded people I have ever met. He has a drink occasionally but never to excess, certainly never whilst fishing.

As a person who keeps an open mind on the paranormal, I have no reason to doubt Tony's stories.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm almost sure Tony hasn't written a ghost story book. I think there must be some confusion with the chapter about spooky happenings in his 'Chasing Dreams' book.

R

Richard Drayson

Mike,

OK, I know it doesn't take 2 months to plan (in the literal sense) a fishing trip.
Nevertheless, I do plan to/intend to fish the Avon on opening night, ghosts or not.
My original comment was intended as a light-hearted, even humerous remark.
Sorry you didn't see it that way.

T

Tony O'dell

Thats correct Graham, it was the chapter in the Chasing Dreams fishing book that was being referred to....