Wierd Rod

bazah1

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm Baz and I have joined this forum as I have a few rods I am trying to identify. My grandad has passed them onto me as he does not use them any more.

I have a wallace rod that is made up of a few different pieces of what I can only discribe as wedges that seem to attach to the rod via string. I think it is ment to enable you to make up vareying lenghts of rod etc...

I will upload some photo's just in case someone has seen one before.

I would like to be able to assemble it and if I could find out what type of rod it is; I may have a starting point.
IMGP4104.jpg

IMGP4103.jpg

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
It's a spliced greenheart fly rod; the archetype is the Grant's "Vibration", loads of gen on the web. The wedges are to protect the tapered bits that are spliced together with tape; the end result is supposed to be far more smooth in action than a ferruled rod.

bazah1

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply Alan, I will do a little more research and take it with me on my next trip to Hawes and try out the smooth action.

Thanks Again, Baz

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Al,
I knew you would know - I thought it looked like it had got mixed-up with a kids set of Pool cues! ;):rolleyes::eek:mg: