Method pellets

aeroken1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Which pellets do you find the best when fishing the method.

C

chefster

Hi Guys,
Which pellets do you find the best when fishing the method.

A mix of 2 and 3mm,swim stim or normal feed micros...GB has been working well lately though ,in conjunction with dead reds,on my local match venues..Gazza

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Fishery 2mill pellets covered for 30 seconds then drained then wait for 5 minutes use an 8mil as bait or a yellow bandum

C

chefster

Fishery 2mill pellets covered for 30 seconds then drained then wait for 5 minutes use an 8mil as bait or a yellow bandum

What if his fishery does,nt sell pellets??also i think its best to mix sizes and colours, as it stops the fish getting totally preoccupied on one thing..Gazza

robtherake

Reaction score
I've been using 4mm pellets, with a palm full of malted drink powder to bind them. The only drawback is that the pellets tend to stick in the mould more often, so I now keep the mould in a pot of water and it releases properly every time.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I can understand the OP question BUT the answers make no mention of what species they are targeting with the pellets they suggest/recommend....or have I missed something here ??

Call me a silly old fool (and I'm not a big pellet user) so am I correct in assuming you're targeting carp, and if different, what pellets do you 'match' guys suggest if looking at roach specifically ?

aeroken1............My apologies for coming across your Thread but as no species were mentioned in your OP I thought it worth broadening the subject ?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
yes my assumption was that we were targeting carp and , for me , this was on commercials , but of course you are right any number of fish can be caught using the method.

My son puts chopped worm in his and it seems to draw the fish.

C

chefster

Personally i wouldnt use pellets for roach fishing in a match situation,too slow and miss too many bites,probs maggot or caster....however roach do love 4mm expanders!!..and the O/P was about method feeder,so its odds on targets will be carp,bream etc,so the pellet mix is pretty general..a mix of 1,2,3mm green and natural pellets..Gaz

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
If it was just pellets I'd us softened micro pellets

I been using a mix of hemp flavoured ground bait then mix in a tin of tuna in oil, tin of mackerel in oil, few sweet corn, few micro pellets, few 6mm pellets and some luncheon meat cubes of 4mm size and some hemp, I leave this for the pellets to soak up a bit of the water/oil and soften.

I've fished tis with either meat or pellet on the hair - occasionally adding sweetcorn

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
All personal choice.... but for me, I like a mix of lots of well dampened 2mm carp pellets, with a handfull of 6mm halibuts (undampened) and a small tin of sweetcorn. Seems to work ok.