Fog

C

Cakey

the dog and I was going early morning perching but Ive never everseen fog so thick

I would lose the dog

anyone ever caught big perch in thick fog ?

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

No but I've caught double figure Bream though. Came as a bit of a shock actwally old bean.

captain carrott

Reaction score
yes i have.

and big chub too.

and barbel and reasonable sized bream and roach too.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Much like Jason I've had some large fish in the early morning fog, especially when the sun has just got high enough to start to burn it off.

This morning there was a glorious dawn over the Hampshire Avon together with quite a heavy mist.

B

Bill Cox

I have caught tench in the fog, but never in all the time i have been fishing have i caught Carp in a fog. They just seem to switch right off in my experience.

Rickrod

Reaction score
I,ve had lots of bream and pike in thick fog

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

the dog and I was going early morning perching but Ive never everseen fog so thick.</blockquote>
and you being a Barrow boys lad!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
I remember catching three London buses one morning in really thick fog.

Caught the same one twice one morning, the road was low, and didnt even throw any bait in.

C

Cakey

I hope its foggy at the Palace .........................then I wont beable to see Spiders and Ginge fighting

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It is still pretty foggy here on the Avon this morning again. Earlier this morning you couldn't even see across the road.

I quite like the fog especially when everything goes so still and quiet, it is the next best thing to sitting under the brolly in the rain.

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Have caught loads of bream in mist and fog (when targetting tench!!) but I don't recall perch being particularly turned on, or off, by fog. They are supposed to go off the feed during high levels of sunlight so perhaps the fog would extend their feeding patterns.

Have to echo Peter J's thoughts on fishing in the fog. The peace and quiet and the sound of the river is truly therapeutic. Had a weekend away from fishing to go bunny blatting on the South Downs yesterday. Couldn't see the damn things in the fog. Should've gone fishing.

The Monk

Reaction score
never caught a carp in fog, but its great for photography, especial steam engines, really atmospheric