Umbrellas on a concrete platform

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I attach mine to my chair using velcro straps that are normally used for cabling , a guy came up to me yesterday and asked about them as he couldn't get his umbrella into the ground.

I might make a bracket for my chair as my current method means my feet get soaked , there is the additional problem of high wind too blowing the lot away.

Has anyone solved this issue ?

nicepix

Reaction score
Korum/Preston do a attachment to fit to your chair/seatbox for your brolly

The problem with securing it to your chair is when you get up for a pee or to land a fish. Everything has gone when you come to sit back down :eek:mg:

You can reduce the risk by putting the brolly pole in something heavy such as a 5 litre container of water (carry it empty and fill it at the swim) as well as securing it to the chair, but it isn't a perfect solution.

greenie62

Reaction score
The problem with securing it to your chair is when you get up for a pee ...
You can reduce the risk by putting the brolly pole in something heavy such as a 5 litre container of water (carry it empty and fill it at the swim)....

I'm not sure I could fill the 5L container ... but I suppose it would save you having to leave the seat & brolly while you tried! :eek::eek:mg:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the device I use as it fits my Preston Seat box as well as my Korum chair.

https://www.prestoninnovations.com/Products/Seatboxes/Offbox/OFFBOX97-Mega-Brolly-Bracket

It is quite stable even in windy conditions but for added safety I also sometimes affix long guy ropes to the brolly and secure those to bank sticks outside of the concrete area.

For those odd occasions when you need to get up off of the seat or chair then I simply close the brolly down.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
greenie 62............great to see long words being used on FM !

...I thought, what's he on about, so I had to look it up..(add a smilie thing here)

Initially I thought you might be warned or even banned......

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
great to see long words being used on FM ! ...I thought, what's he on about, so I had to look it up..(add a smilie thing here) Initially I thought you might be warned or even banned......

No, its okay Tee-Cee, members are allowed to use words that describe a brass band instrument . . . . . . .

C

chefster

I wouldnt ever use a brolly,i have a bait brolly that fits on a leg attachment ,and covers my side trays and use gortex clothing....i see people spending more time messing about trying to hold there brolly still,in wind etc,and not being able to fish properly,costs them a lot of time and fish in a match...Also most brollys these days are so light,they cant stand up to a gust of wind,without turning inside out!!!..Gazza

john step

Reaction score
The problem with securing it to your chair is when you get up for a pee or to land a fish. Everything has gone when you come to sit back down :eek:mg:

You can reduce the risk by putting the brolly pole in something heavy such as a 5 litre container of water (carry it empty and fill it at the swim) as well as securing it to the chair, but it isn't a perfect solution.

I had a giggle with the mental picture the above scenario conjures up.:eek:
WOT NO CHAIR:eek:mg:

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Being an utter whimp when it comes to getting everything soggy I wouldn't choose a swim where I couldn't fix a brolly if there was the prospect of rain. Chef..you must be a roughy toughy.:)

C

chefster

john step; [/COLOR said:
Being an utter whimp when it comes to getting everything soggy I wouldn't choose a swim where I couldn't fix a brolly if there was the prospect of rain. Chef..you must be a roughy toughy.:)
Ha!I find them restrictive for casting,landing fish,shipping the pole back,thats without the fact that they spin around in the wind,my bait brolly covers my side trays,my clothing keeps me dry,everything i need is to hand in the draws on my box,and i can concentrate on fishing,i dont take any notice of the rain!I only really fish matches now,so i dont really have a choice where i fish either,Gazza

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ha!I find them restrictive for casting,landing fish,shipping the pole back,thats without the fact that they spin around in the wind,my bait brolly covers my side trays,my clothing keeps me dry,everything i need is to hand in the draws on my box,and i can concentrate on fishing,i dont take any notice of the rain!I only really fish matches now,so i dont really have a choice where i fish either,Gazza

I usee to do that but its way too hot for waterproof clothing especially all the excercise my right arm was getting

C

chefster

I usee to do that but its way too hot for waterproof clothing especially all the excercise my right arm was getting[/QUOTE
Yesterday for the last 30 mins of the match,i just sat in shorts,it was peeing down,i didnt even have a coat with me,or fleece with me:DGortex clothing is breathable and you wont sweat in it that much...Gazza