Aldi alert...

B

binka

Just a heads up to say that the latest flyer for Aldi arrived through the letterbox the other day (meant to post it at the time but forgot and a post in another thread just reminded me) and it looks like they're gearing up for the summer holidays with six or so pages of fishing gear.

The superb little green bag is there again along with lots of other stuff including trousers that zip off at the bottom to convert into shorts (quick release drawers??? :eek:mg:), rods and reels, a pole, a shelter etc etc and all at the usual rock bottom prices.

Take a punt on the polarised sunglasses at £3.99, I bought a pair last year and they've been bob on.

Starts Sunday...

MRWELL

Reaction score
Got the fishing bag a few years ago for the wife and it is still in good shape,for £10.99 you can't go wrong with that,those glasses look the part as well,a nice looking chair is advertised £25?...worth a shot at that price,the storm shelter looks good,not one for sleeping in for sure but ideal if the weather takes a turn,i recon £50 could get you a good bit of kit...i will be there come Sunday.:)

bigfish74

Reaction score
That isnt a sheltef its got a roll down door on it and for twenty notes you cant go wrong

And forget the flyers get the app ;)

Andy

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Hoping they would have the backpack/fishing stool in the offer, my wife bought me one last time and they're spot on for a short session.

Be advised, if the landing net is similar to the one they've sold before, once extended and wet it becomes a little heavy.

nicepix

Reaction score
For those of you who have got the 'must have' Aldi luggage system :) have a look at your local Decathalon store for one of these Plano storage boxes that have just been reduced to £4.50

zoom_400PX_asset_21477803.jpg

It fits snugly into the Aldi bag on top of the reels, float tube, ledger boxes and PVA tube......

Also, the small storage containers that are often on offer at Aldi and Lidl fit a treat in the lower compartment (as do their dried mini sausages............

Incidentally, the smallest boxes fit inside the medium boxes shown taking up about a third of the room. I sometimes put a small box containing glugged boilies inside the medium box that contains the normal boilies. The whole set of large, medium and small boxes was about £7.

nicepix

Reaction score
Clive,

You're not trying to convince me that Mitchell 440 came from Aldi?? :confused: :eek:mg:

No. Nor did the Match Aerial in the red case. Or the catty, or the ally float tube, or the PVA tube........................

I'm not a total tackle tart you know? I do buy things from other establishments than Aldi and Lidl ;)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I got 4 of these bags a few years ago, one for me, and one each for the boys, then they were around £7 each.

I remember there being a debate on here, some saying they will fall apart etc etc.

Well i think i have had these maybe 5 years now, and they are still 100% bang on. I have had fox etc etc before that have cost twice as much, and more, but have had problems with zips, handles etc etc. Not these, a must buy, great for day and short sessions.

nicepix

Reaction score
That's a good point Ray. I've had zips go on all sorts of gear including a TFG tackle organiser and also the zip tag on a JRC rucksack. Stitching too seems to give way on some tackle.

The Aldi bag and my Korum 2 Rod Total Protection have had a lot of hammer and are both as good as new.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
That's a good point Ray. I've had zips go on all sorts of gear including a TFG tackle organiser and also the zip tag on a JRC rucksack. Stitching too seems to give way on some tackle.

The Aldi bag and my Korum 2 Rod Total Protection have had a lot of hammer and are both as good as new.

I also have the Korum protection holdall 2 rod, great bit of kit.

Many anglers will only buy top end luggage, thinking that cheapo,cheapo gear isn't worth it, and without doubt in some cases they are right.This bag IMO has to be one of the best bits of kit on the market, and i would put it up against any of the so called branded gear out there, bags of same size etc etc.

As for TFG, I wouldn't buy any of their gear, of couple of friends bought the Bivvy, force 8 is it ?? what a bag of C**p, nothing but problems from day one, and one also bought a chair with the Bivvy. It saw 3 sessions and ended up at the local rubbish dump.

nicepix

Reaction score
I've had three things from TFG and all have disappointed in some way; the tackle organiser with a faulty zip, a pair of winter boots that are at least two sizes bigger than they should be and to make matters worse they recommend that you get one size larger than your shoe size. Also a 42" carp landing net kit that came with a gudgeon rated pole :mad:

I wouldn't buy all the fishing stuff from Aldi or Lidl. Some of the kits look pretty basic, hence the recommendations on here being valuable.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Popped into Aldi today and bought one of the bivvies. Couldn`t find it at first and thought they`d sold out but a friendly shop assistant located what turned out to be the last one for me. Was considering picking up a set of buzz bars too but they had sold out.

Will try to remember to post a review of the bivvy when I get around to having a play with it.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Popped into Aldi today and bought one of the bivvies. Couldn`t find it at first and thought they`d sold out but a friendly shop assistant located what turned out to be the last one for me. Was considering picking up a set of buzz bars too but they had sold out.

Will try to remember to post a review of the bivvy when I get around to having a play with it.

If you have to play with it, do it when its dark. That way Neighbours won't be calling the Police………………..:D :eek:mg:

barbelboi

Reaction score

Was it the camo one............................?

robtherake

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, Binka, I'm down to my last set of polaroids - I'll be buying half a dozen pairs at that price. :)

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

I'll stick with the Fox Explorer that cost £30 (unused!) from the local car booty. :cool:

nicepix

Reaction score

Our local Lidl has folding camp beds for €19.99. Just the thing for a nouveau bivvy dweller. Keep your eyes peeled for the UK version :D

kingfisher14

Reaction score
I've just been down my local aldi. Had a fair bit of gear there, the buzz bars I wanted had sold out straight away. Got a holdall, pair of glasses & stool.

Will they wait til all the stuff is sold or remove it for thursdays offers tomorrow night? ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X using Tapatalk 2