What have you got?

cal_sutt

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with "you can never have too many rods", just the problem I have is that I can't afford much - being a student and all. Just wanted to make a thread where people can brag and see what others use and have got. I've only got a few rods at the moment but I'll add the few I'm looking at buying.

1x Daiwa Ivan Marks Lightning Carbon 13ft Match - my £5 car boot find
2x Lineaeffe Carp Beater 2.75lb (spot on for 20 pound each!)
1x Lineaeffe Telescopic 8ft heavy spin rod
1x Kingfisher 12ft float rod

The bottom two will probably see the bin soon...

I did have -
1x NGT 2lb 8ft stalker (sold it, far too "short and stiff")
1x Unknown 13ft Shakespeare match rod (neighbours took it out with the hedge trimmers whilst it was leant against the hedge)
1x Korum 12ft 2lb barbel rod (sent it back Friday, had it 4 days, just wasn't right for my small local river)

And I'm buying -
1x Shakespeare Mach 1 XT 14ft Power Feeder (Trent match rod

mick b

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with "you can never have too many rods", just the problem I have is that I can't afford much - being a student and all. Just wanted to make a thread where people can brag and see what others use and have got. I've only got a few rods at the moment but I'll add the few I'm looking at buying.

1x Daiwa Ivan Marks Lightning Carbon 13ft Match - my £5 car boot find
2x Lineaeffe Carp Beater 2.75lb (spot on for 20 pound each!)
1x Lineaeffe Telescopic 8ft heavy spin rod
1x Kingfisher 12ft float rod

The bottom two will probably see the bin soon...

Never bin a rod, either keep it 'for later' sell it to raise money for an upgrade or give it to a newbie, but never, ever throw a usable rod away.

I still use a pair of Sportex Hornsea Pike rods that I brought when I was at Technical college btw.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Mick,

I agree, but having just gone through marking my tackle with smartwater, even I was a little surprised how many rods I have.

23! taking out a Split Cane Thames ledger rod that my father made circa 1955 which I renovated and hangs in my hall and a 19th Century Greenheart Shark rod, 21 are perfectly useable. I was surprised as I've given quite a bit of tackle away over the years to young newbies.

Highlights are various through action Harrison carp rods that I have built over the last few years, a Hardy RW mark IV Carp Rod, a Hardy Matchmaker, some wonderful Hardy Fly Rods.

It proves what my long suffering 'trouble and strife' has always said. I spend far too much time playing with my tackle.:wh:eek:mg:

Stu