upper tarmer

Reaction score
i just come back from 48hrs on the lovley upper tarmer res peg 14 and only managed to catch 6 carp and the biggers was 7lb!!! were have all the lumps gone????even tried double 15mm baits but no joy...

Rickrod

Reaction score
Is there alot of small carp in there

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Pardon me if im mistaken but for Upper Tarmer should we be reading Upper Tamar. I fshed the lower Tamar many years ago when i and my family holidayed in Bude. Back then the upper reservoir was a trout only venue.

F

Frothey

upper is the coarse fishery now, the lower is a nature reserve - all the fish were removed a few years back to repair the dam

Michael Howson

Reaction score
I very much doubt if the same bailiff is policing the res as the last time i walked round it(thirty-odd years ago). He was beside himself with rage as he came accross a toffee paper blowing about on the path.

It had just opened "i think" as a trout fishery and he said he was starting as he meant to carry on.

Reaction score
cheers pete,

will let you know if i can get time of work and let you know,were you using big beds of bait or just pva bags?

dadondo

Reaction score
we were spodding in a scattered pattern but small amounts over an area of say 10-15 yards, then putting boilies out by throwing stick randomly approx 20 -30 boilies.