Sensor

john step

Reaction score
Is it me getting more picky or is Sensor getting more wiry? I like to have bulk spools available for line changing. What do you think is a better bulk line in the range of 6lb to 15lb?

B

binka

Depends on budget to a degree John, I've got 12lb Sensor on one of my barbel spools and it's fine, I must have had the bulk spool (1000 metres?) a good ten years.

Pro Gold is a very good line but the spools I've got are around 330 metres I think and I'm not sure if that's the amount you would consider as bulk... Maxima Chameleon is another which I use and find it a bit springy until it's had a good stretch and much more usable as a result.

Harvey

Reaction score
Berkley XTS is an excellent line. Available on bulk spools.

thecrow

Reaction score
Berkley big game, reasonable price and a good line, available on bulk spools.

Sensor does seem to be different to how it was a couple of years ago, seems to retain a memory for much longer.

terry m

Reaction score
Sensor has never been particularly supple.

But it's budget price means that it is a fairly decent low cost line, little more IMHO.

The Sogster

Reaction score
I've recently switched from Berkley Big Game in higher breaking strains of 8 to 15lb, after about 15 years to Terry Eustace pro clear.

I couldn't be happier, the pro clear is very supple has good knot strength and abrasion resistance as well as being smaller in diameter.

Well worth a small amount extra.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Is it me getting more picky or is Sensor getting more wiry? I like to have bulk spools available for line changing. What do you think is a better bulk line in the range of 6lb to 15lb?

More wiry ? I wouldn't have thought that was possible !

I dont mess about with line. Pro Gold and/or Pro Clear have never let me down.

The bad one

Reaction score
Another vote for Old Terry's Pro Gold and/or Pro Clear, its never let me down either!

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Berkley big game, reasonable price and a good line, available on bulk spools.

Sensor does seem to be different to how it was a couple of years ago, seems to retain a memory for much longer.
Agree with both points. Changed from Sensor to Big Game about 3years ago. Use the Green version, been very impressed and at a price that changing the line regularly doesn't require a remortage!

Stu