new rod

neil smith 2

Reaction score
any one seen a good deal on any rods? im lookin for a carp rod 2.75 and around £30-£50. im seeing some good deals at the mo but unsure what to get

Mike Wyton

Reaction score
Neil,

Go for esp paragon m8.

Is 3 1/4 test but is better than fine!

£53 online.... rod of year for under £100 last year.

Rgds,

Mike

iveadenuf

Reaction score
neil,

Just remember you pay for what you get, Ive got 3 sets of rods 1 set I payed £140 each 15 years ago and they still are a very good carp rod. I payed £70 quid for a pair and they really are too soft to do much with. I would save up a bit or increase my budget. Probably fox elites or greys prodigy around the 60-80 quid bracket. Sorry I know what you asked but it is a long terminvestment than 1 or 2 seasons. You didn't say what waters you fished, big waters, snaggy, big fish or small fish? Have a lookat the nash Dean Macey carp rods I am not sure what they are like, but I bought the Tri tip for barbel and its a good rod. Always buy from a good tackle shop,.

Not one of these moronic tackle dealers who hold the tip and say " GIVE IT SOME WHELLY" The quickest way to break a blank

Hope this is a little help

R

Roto Fryer

don't touch anyhting nash, terrible customer service and even worse build quality.

steven upton

Reaction score
i just bought 3x wychwood rogue 2.75 tc £21ea of e-bay they are a dream to use and i only bought them as backup, today used 1 on the lead, one on cotroller, one on margin waggler , there are better rods for each but not many as good for all three the 3 1/4 sounds a bit stiff for all round work , but would be a better spod rod than the 2.75

quorky

Reaction score
buy second hand get more your your money go on e bay look round your area .so u can have a look