Chub_6_lb_11_oz_27th_September_2008_004[1].JPG

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Baaaa humbug...just another average fish for Andy /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif...well done mate, a cracking chub

W

Wolfman Woody

You lucky dog, Nellist!

That's 1oz better than my best. You're barred from my bit of the weirpool now - until I've caught one bigger.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Muffin

Reaction score
I was chuffed with my 3lb chub on the weekend, not the biggest I've had but hard word all the same, but that fish is awesome!

Amazing fish, will probably only ever see one like that in pictures or whilst sleeping!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Yet another clonker of a chub falls to the man. Andy must have his own specimen chub society, his list of big chub must be unequalled in Britain, it is amazing what a lump of cheesepaste and not a little skill can produce isn't it?

W

Wolfman Woody

So sorry Andy, I was curious so I just checked my article recording my PB chub and it was 6lbs 12ozs -

"No need to lie, but now to weigh the sling and at a shade under 12 ozs makes the fish at least 6lbs 12ozs net weight."

Mind you, mine was fat little thing, not a long fit fighter like yours looks. However, this does mean that you are still welcome to join me anytime you wish. At the moment I wouldn't bother because all that's coming up is eels and bream.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Graham, who mentioned anything about cheesepaste /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Nice one Andy /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I've got a funny feeling Jeff will be barring you in a few weeks or months time again......

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Lovely fish Andy, bit fatter than the Ribble Chub. What happend to the cheese paste?

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Cheers lads. I was really chuffed with the fish which was in superb condition.

Mike is right. I was fishing for Roach and Chub usingstepped up Roach gear. Same rod reel and mainline as accounted for the Itchen Barbel in Feb.

Woody I'm glad it was an ounce under soI can still take you up on your offer soon /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif)

W

Wolfman Woody

Anytime you like Andy, but I'm waiting for the master chub choker (FG) to start catching them again. So far neither of us are having much luck in the Thames.

Greg Whitehead

Reaction score
Fluke!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

What bait? Bread?

Might have to go chubbing. Getting to that time of year. Well, can't catch bugger all else at the moment!/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif