Pilgrim's Progress

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
How confident are you? And is it as important as Stewart Bloor claims?

S

Stewart Bloor

I'm at least 90% confident that Paul Williams is going to reply to this thread with a mail that he thinks is funny. In fact, he's probably working on it right now....

P

peter webber

I'm 99% confident that you stewart will be the butt of his joke too.
----(*}}}}<

C

Carp Angler

Confidence is vital to success.
Well mine anyway, and golden b..., I mean a good bait.
Good article again Sedge....

S

Stewart Bloor

I don't think Paul Williams is rising to the bait..a bit like the fish I'm catching (or not as the case may be at the moment)....In fact I'm thinking of changing Pilgrim's Progress to Blanker's Progress or Blankety Blank, or something like that.....

R

Ryan Turner

This morning I went to investigate the state of my fave river, it had dropped substantially, the temp. was good and I was buzzing with the prospects of a good session. I said to my fishing partner "I tell you what mate, we're on for a baggin' sesh here, Im well confident!"
WE BLANKED!

J

John Toohey

Ryan I told you to go below the bridge but you still have to know where the fish will be depending on the height of the water.
John.

P

Philip Inzani

I enjoyed the article and found lyself nodding in agreement many times. I think the reason people have, or dont have confidence in an item of tackle is often based on just one experience, if they catch a fish first time out with it I think 95% of anglers would swear by that product for ever after! ...its the same with swims...how many of us go to a new water with no idea of going swims so we pick one and catch a few fish from it then become disapointed the next time we go becuase we cannot get in the same swim...why ? Its just confidence again.

For me the biggest benefit of confidence is that it gets you out there again and again. This was certainly a big weakness for me as I gave in too easily. In another thread I said I was up to 11 stright blanks on a river after Carp...well its now 15 stright blanks which will probably make Sedge feel even better than he did last time but for once I have the confidence to keep at it, I am sure I have the right tackle and tactics and now its just a question of being there when the fish feed.

S

Stewart Bloor

Phil, you've made my day..not to gloat on anyone's misfortune, but 15 straight blnaks makes me look like an expert...
Seriously, now, I agree with all that you said above. (and thanks for the comments on the article)
In fact I'm going back out this evening after (big)chub. I'm still confident !!
I guess it's each to his own and I don't expect everybody to like my approach to fishing. There are probably folks reading this thinking 'just go out and catch some gudgeon from the canal or something. Just to catch'. But I'm happy fishing the way I am, if I'm not happy then it's time to change I guess....

R

Ryan Turner

John, I didnt actually go to your suggested swims as it was a real spur of the moment thing, we didn't have long to fish so I fished Baldy again. It was a bit of straw clutching on my part really but then again you've gotta try ain't ya!