fed up

wabbity

Reaction score
I am fed up with people who think its ok to walk there dog around a lake where there are anglers, they let them off the lead and the dogs run through your tackle and baits, then the owners run after them shouting at the top of their voices. totally ruining your swim. Or the ones who bring the kids for a walk to look at the water and they are running and screaming up and down the bank.

I have 2 dogs and would never take them near lakes where people fish. We live in the forest so there is no shortage of good doggie walks.

sorry moan over

wabbit

The Monk

Reaction score
scum of the earth, one pi**ed on my bivvy once, so I picked it up and threw it up the bank and told the owner I`d do the same to them if they got any closer, they phoned the police and I deneighed (cant spell it), everything, never saw him or his manky hound again

wabbity

Reaction score
This is on a club water, if i complain to the chairperson or commitee will it do any good?

wabbit

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
I've had more than one experience, too many. I like stalking with dog biscuits, and when I see a dosey prat walking onto the bank with a dog, it's inevitable. I have to stand, not stalk, stand with all my gear in my arms whilst they pass. You can imagine the dog flying up the bank for a tastey treat with the owner shouting for it to'come here'. What's the dog going to do carry on for the food or listen to a pillock telling it to turn round. Most ofthe time they're Staffies, jumping and chomping whilst i'm spinning with a rod, net,mat and bag in hand. This will happen a few times in the day, great fun.

wabbity

Reaction score
I know its so flaming annoying as i prefer to fish the margins, i take hours sitting quietly, baiting up and the fish just start to come in to feed and wham! some idiot appears with his dog and i might as well pack up and go home.

You also get the lone idiot who walks right up to you and says in a very loud voice, "hows it going mate, you caught anything!", you try to ignore them hoping they will go away but they ask again, you tell them not yet its too noisy at the moment and they then try to engage you in conversation/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif, even our bailiff does it.

Am i just a miserable old fart?

wabbit

Reaction score
Last year I took my lad fishing and a dog came charging over and started to eat sweet corn and maggots.

I let it eat loads of the maggots /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, "oh dear, your dog appears to have eaten loads of my maggots (I do hope it doesn't spew them all over you living room"

These people just let the dogs go bounding into the water and they complain when they get tangled up in your line.

BUGGER OFF. THIS IS A 18 ACRE LAKE AND I'M THE ONLY ANGLER ON IT! THERE'S LOADS OF OTHER PLACES FO YOUR DOG TO SWIM! Knobheads

wabbity

Reaction score
I have a cunning plan/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifwhat makes dogs puke? maybe we could dose up some luncheon meat in it and feed it to them, then when the owners get home and the dog pukes everywhere, they might not come again.

wabbit

wabbity

Reaction score
Right, mental note to self, remember to pack some laxatives in tackle box.

thats the dogs sorted, now what about the idiots, what about a do not disturb sign to hang on the back of the chair?

wabbit

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>wabbity wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I have a cunning plan/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifwhat makes dogs puke? maybe we could dose up some luncheon meat in it and feed it to them, then when the owners get home and the dog pukes everywhere, they might not come again.

wabbit</blockquote>

I'm up for that. We could even tell the owner whilst they're there.

"Sorry mate, your dogs snuck up and eaten some of my bate. Ya see, it's got special flavouring for the fish and if a dog eats it they may die, or at best puke and s**t all over the house. I really am sorry mate, maybe bring alead next time, what's that you've brought one, well f*****g use it."

Is it fare on the dog though? The poor things are just hungry or want to play. It's the dosey pillocks that walk them that need poisoning.

wabbity

Reaction score
I agree nick, but i think we'd have a problem getting the owners to eat the bait/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

wabbit

wabbity

Reaction score
i dont mind the ducks, i have them sorted/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

wabbit

The Monk

Reaction score
yes Ishould imagine you have my sweet/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
How about offering the dog owner some chocolate (laxative of course wrapped in regular choc wrapper) might discourage them from a return visits with the pooch if they both developed the "trots" (getting into Mr Corkers teritory now )

wabbity

Reaction score
oh Jim, it sounds like a plan, i like your thinking/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

wabbit

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
It worked on someone I worked with that had the habit of nicking anything edible that was left laying. Oh what fun we had on a 12 hour night shift /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

steven upton

Reaction score
this is like joining a terrorist group can i join we could blow their cars up booooooom/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif