The Last Cast

Reaction score
YOU'RE DOING WHAT?

Well let me be the first to wish you all the best in your retirement Mr. Marzipan.

Now remember it is your responsibility to ensure that the new editor of FM has a silly name.

Tight lines and enjoy the family.

Matt

PS see you on the fish-ins.

S

Shrek

Hope you enjoy every waking second of it, you deserve it completely!!!

S

Shrek

Doubt it, if he's retiring he'll be taking ALL the freebies with him to use.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Speechless and very sad but I wish you all the best in your retirement and I hope we will still see you around on the fish-ins./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

FM just wouldn't be the same without you/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Greg Matthews

Reaction score
graham

delighted for you now time to really enjoy yourself.just hope one of your new books is the difinitive guide to bream fishing.we need one badly.all the best.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham,

While I fully understand your reasons, I am sure that I speak for all of the regular and past contributors to FM when I say that FM will not be the same from Wednesday morning onwards.

I have always greatly admired the way that you have steered the ship through some often troubled waters, holding the right and proper line in some of the less than pertinent debates.

Your contributions in the way of Articles and Reviews has been legendary, and I believe that I have learned a lot from reading your experienced, seasoned and logical contributions.

I wish you and your family all the very best for the future, and if anyone ever deserved a long and fulfilling retirement then it is you.

Thank you my friend for the experience!

Reaction score
Graham,

FM without you! It'll be like Virgin without Branson !!! Unthinkable.

Enjoy having more time to yourself (as if!) and more control over what you want to do. See you at the various events.

If ever anybody deserved an award for services to angling ...

Poshers

C

Cakey

dunno what to say Graham but the very best for the future from all in the Cakey residence

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Personally I am delighted that you have retired. But don't get me wrong, you have been deserving retirement for some time now.

I shall, however, be sad in seeing FM lose the editorship of one one of this country's great all-round anglers. Graham, you have made this site the great institution that it has become.

And yes, we are going to miss you.

F

Frothey

he can say what he really thinks now as well /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Reaction score
This is worse than when Take That and The Spice Girls Split up.

I think Magicallia should set up a help line to support distressed Effemmers./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

K

Kevin Perkins

Graham

Not enough words to describe the great debt that myself and I suspct more than a fewothers owe to you for all youhave done for us and in making FM what it is today.

Sorrow at your parting, but that has to be tempered with the thought that you will now be able to get out and enjoy yourself a bit more without having to worry about the rebrobates on here.

Very best wishes for the future.

Kevin

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"you have been deserving retirement for some time now."

That is not what he said Boss at all - what he actually said was:

'the old beggar ought to have been put out to grass a long time ago, him and his magic wallet'

Now, and I mean this most sincerely Graham, and you'll not see it again, okay?

Good luck and many of these to come in your retirement:

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Andy M

Reaction score
As a born again angler and relative newcomer to FM, maybe a couple of years now, I have gained an enourmous amount of knowledge and amusement fromFM and it is clear that you have been behind much of what makes this site the very best of its kind there is.

Very many thanksGraham and all the best for the future.

F

Fred Bonney

Graham, well done on making your mind up, and retireing when you have loads of other things to keep you going. Family in particular.

I wish you well and good fortune.

Please do keep in touch with us all, you will be missed.

Cheers

Fred

W

Wolfman Woody

This is not the last you'll hear from us Marsbar!

FM without you will be like a broken pencil - pointless.

You know how I feel after our conversation just now. I wish you well for many, many, many years to come and hope that you enjoy those years in the happiness of your family. I know you said you wanted to help more around the house, but I promise you, after a while Anne will be telling you to get from uder her feet and go bloody fishing!

And you probably will.

Live long and prosper (oh, you've done the second bit already).