Gurkha Justice

B

Bully

I know this should probably be on Bait Box, but I am hoping Ed will allow me some leeway as more peeps may read this.

During a time when we have let into this country numerous undesirable people, and then paid for them, the treatment of the Gurkha's, in my mind, was a national disgrace and tarnishes our country. These guys put their lives on the line for our country, and then we treat them so miserably.

The fight is not over as the Government still has to implement todays lawcourt ruling. If like me you think this should be done, please visit the Gurkha Justice website (which I think is down at the moment!) and sign your name.

www.gurkhajustice.org.uk.

Great news, but the Governments position just beggars belief..............if we cannot help these guys, then who can we help?

Reaction score
Done. I had the pleasure of teaching the sons and daughters of Gurkha soldiers whilst working in Canterbury. Our native student s would do well to take their example in terms of hard work and manners.

The bad one

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with you Bully! It's a total disgace! I'm on my way to sign now.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Quite right too. Bloody disgraceful and ungrateful behaviour to those who offered their lives to our countrys' service.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Done. We had something like this on here before but maybe that was to do with pensions because the government refused to pay them the same pension as British servicemen. A fine body of men who served this country well over 200 years and yet were treated as second class human beings by the British government once they retired.

B

Bully

Cheers guys - keep them coming!

Its slightly personal in that my "2nd dad" was a captain in the Gurkha's and he would be turning in his grave at their treatment.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
In relation toanother thread......................... I feel the treatment of the Gurkas is discusting, and a greater act of racisum than the 'relativley' harmless chanting that goes on at football matches.

I think the 'powers that be' sould be focusing their effortsmore to this as a cause.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Done too, I can't for the life of me see how out of touch politicians are with the thoughts of the public on this issue. I don't know anybody who doesn't have the highest regard for these people or anyone who does not wish them to come here if they so choose.

B

Bully

Les - they have won a legal case, but the Government can decide to implement or not, hence keeping up the pressure......