how to set up a naked chod\heli rig

fishperch

Reaction score
hi guys, quick question for u guys, how do u set up a naked chod/heli rig i.e no leader, thats fish safe, also does anyone kno the best baits to use for it ON THE HOOK not hair rigged?
thanks
tight lines

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
how do u set up a naked chod/heli rig

I'm surprised that I am the first to comment, so here goes.

In order to set up a naked chod/heli rig, firstly you must disrobe totally . . . . . right?

Well, it was worth a punt as they say.

Hopefully one of our resident rig gurus can help you . . . . so come on guys, this man needs a proper answer . . . . . . .

sam vimes

Reaction score
OK, I'll try here. First point, a chod rig isn't a chod rig without a bouyant bait being used. I would invariably fish a pop up boilie, mostly on a bait screw, when chod fishing. However, it's not a rig I like much, naked or not, so don't use it much. If and when I do resort to a naked chod, I tend to use a product such as the Taska tungsten or Avid beads.

As for proper helicopter rigs, much depends on the species being targeted. I'll use the stuff shown previously when targeting carp but go much lighter on my occasional attempts for roach and bream. In this instance I'm more likely to raid the Gardner Target range for their reduced size quick change swivels, anti-tangle sleeves and line stops. When fishing this way I'm invariably not fishing hair rigs. Worm, maggot, caster and corn being the likely suspects on appropriately sized hooks.

fishperch

Reaction score
OK, I'll try here. First point, a chod rig isn't a chod rig without a bouyant bait being used. I would invariably fish a pop up boilie, mostly on a bait screw, when chod fishing. However, it's not a rig I like much, naked or not, so don't use it much. If and when I do resort to a naked chod, I tend to use a product such as the Taska tungsten or Avid beads. As for proper helicopter rigs, much depends on the species being targeted. I'll use the stuff shown previously when targeting carp but go much lighter on my occasional attempts for roach and bream. In this instance I'm more likely to raid the Gardner Target range for their reduced size quick change swivels, anti-tangle sleeves and line stops. When fishing this way I'm invariably not fishing hair rigs. Worm, maggot, caster and corn being the likely suspects on appropriately sized hooks.
great thanks m8, that saves me having to set it all up nd jus buying the chod beads nd the tungsten ones

nolan1977

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering, the chod rig and the heli rig, are these only to be used on large carp.

Or can they be used to catch carp that are under 10 lbs.

law

Reaction score
Totally pointless rig if your not using a pop up on the hair.
The presentation will be terrible and I can't see the booking rate being any good at all.