Pine Pool

pikepro1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been fishing Pine Pool at Kingsbury Water Park the last few weeks and struggled with the large quantities of blanket weed. I knew the pools there were weedy so I tried chods on light leads but even these got snarled up. Just wondered if anyone had some advice on how to fish into the weed? Many thanks!

pikepro1

Reaction score
You'll have to forgive me, i'm a newcomer to carping! What is the flying chod?

thecrow

Reaction score

If you are new to Carp fishing Pine Pool possibly isn't the sort of place to learn, it can be difficult as the fish are pressured, having said that one of my sons has done quiet well on there fishing solid PVA bags putting the whole rig into them.

pikepro1

Reaction score
I have read that it's not the easiest place but I fancied giving it a try! Any recommendations of venues around the Birmingham area? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

squibbles

Reaction score

Type it in YouTube there is a video demonstration. Another solution for weedy areas is to add PVA foam on your hook link. This allows for the hook to fall slower so that it sits on top of the weed bed.

pikepro1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Barston is only about 15 mins from me so i'll have a look up there and maybe return to Kingsbury when I have some more experience. Also liked the look of Willesley Lake, anyone ever fished there?

thecrow

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Barston is only about 15 mins from me so i'll have a look up there and maybe return to Kingsbury when I have some more experience. Also liked the look of Willesley Lake, anyone ever fished there?

Fished there many years ago, nice lake with some nice fish, can get quite busy at times.